Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Modem wants to start automatically

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cooker

Technical User
Mar 21, 2000
US
Visit site
Every time I boot my computer the modem wants to dial out and I have to cancel it until I'm ready to go online. I just upgraded my system to an AMD 450 with 384 meg of ram and a 4.5 gig c drive and a 20 gig d drive. I have Win98SE installed from a clean install. It's not referenced anywhere in the start menu or any other place that I know of. It does get annoying after awhile.

Check this:<br><br>1. Start-&gt;Settings-&gt;Control Panel<br>2. Internet (or Internet Options) applet<br>3. Connections tab<br><br>Check to see if &quot;Always dial my default connection&quot;&nbsp;&nbsp;checked - uncheck it.<br><br>Regards!

I had my system set to start Outlook Express on reboot...and &quot;dial if not connected&quot; and it would do<br>that...('course I wanted it to). <br>Yours may be a similar condition...check to see if Outlook Express is in the startup.<br>( : &gt;[ )<br> <p> <br><a href=mailto: > </a><br><a href= > </a><br>

I had my system set to start Outlook Express on reboot...and &quot;dial if not connected&quot; and it would do<br>that...('course I wanted it to). <br>Yours may be a similar condition...check to see if Outlook Express is in the startup.<br>( : &gt;[ )<br> <p> <br><a href=mailto: > </a><br><a href= > </a><br>

run the sysconfig utility and see what programs that you have for start-up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back