Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Modem to modem data tranfer

Status
Not open for further replies.

serkanb

Programmer
Jan 30, 2002
TR
Hi everybody!

I have to transfer a group of data beetween two computer via modem. I'm going to write a program like this: A listener program waits call from client computer. After establishing connection listener program takes data from client and store it in MSSQL2000 database.
Here is my questions:
1. How can I establish a connection and tranfer data between to computer via modem?
2. After the connection, could I login MSSQL2000 server with Delphi's database components and tranfer datas into database server with SQL scripts? Or should I write an interface program to achive this?

Do you have any suggestion about these?

You have to bring the files using your file transfer application and the write a program to update to your MS SQL Server.

ASYNC Pro is a good software with some good examples to connect and transfer files. We had modified the one of the samples programs to tranfer and receive files automatically.

Since your application will be only receiving files it should work smoothly.

I suggest using RAS and you can loggin to NT and SQL Server 2000 and run SQL Statements to Transfer Data??

Edwin

Hi,
can you please tell me which example . I have purchased turbo components to build an application to do modem to modem data transfer.
but everything seems to be a huge mess.
SOMEBODY show me the way!!!!!!!!!!!

When u Install AsyncPro, It installs usefull examples which explains most of the job for modem-2-modem file transfer. I took some of the codes from there to build my file transfer application.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back