Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Modem Time Out

Status
Not open for further replies.

bettyb

MIS
Mar 29, 2001
US
I am using ICVerify with Paymentech as the credit card processor.

My problem is that when I run credit card transactions through in a batch, every 2nd transaction times out. So if I submit 4 transactions, #2 and #4 timeout. #1 and #3 get processed.

I have tried 2 different modems (USRobotics and Acer). I have read ALL of ICVerify's documentation and double checked my settings. Paymentech says the problem is ICVerify - - ICVerify gave me 15 different modem strings to try. Still no success.
I had the phone company check the modem line - they say all is well.

I am out of ideas. Any suggestions? thank you

Hi bettyb,

I support ICVerify with Vital as the credit card processor. We constantly have problems with time out issues of one type or another. I used to think it was our LAN modem (Shiva LANRover device) but we switched to a USRobotics modem a few months ago and the problems continued. I plan to switch to a Multi-Tech modem this week to see if that helps at all.

My suggestion is to do what we are doing - change to another credit card processing package.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back