Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Modem sharing software

Status
Not open for further replies.

fox007ss

Technical User
Mar 1, 2003
AU
I am trying to find a free alternate to modemshare millenium. Tt has to be windows based and able to support modem banks, The modem is connected to a server and we need to be able to use the modem through 2 other servers.

Easy way:

Go to start button, go to connect to,show all connections, right click dialup modem, click on properties, go to advanced, go under Internet Connection sharing , Check off allow other network users to connect through this computer's internet connection. That will share your modem with your network, it starts a dhcp server so your network computers can be on dhcp and you can just enter in the gateway on your client computers to the servers local area network ip address. Ussually something like 192.168.0.1!

Another way you can do this:

Go to start, control panel, network connections, right click on dialup modem and follow the instructions again. NO need for software.

I have tried doing it via internet connection sharing however that is not working for the program, basically what i am looking for is a cheaper version of modemshare millenium

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back