Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

modem programming

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChrisKnerr2010

Technical User
Mar 18, 2010
US
I was wondering if any one knew how to set up a modem so I can hyperterminal into remote option 11c's. We are running release 3 if that makes a difference.

We use US Robotics, with switch 3,5 and 8 down from desktops. If you have to change yours, make sure you power down and back up after changing the switches.
You will have to set up your Hyperterminal settings too. If you look on the face plate of your Opt 11 you should see switches, this is your baud speed for TTY 0 start with your emulation the same as that (ie 9600) if that is what the modem is plugged in to, if not, go to LD 22 and enter
PRT
ADAN TTY

This will list all the TTY's programmed, determine which you are using and set up accordingly, ie 9600 8N1.

Here is the US Robotics modem setup procedure:

1. Modem powered off
2. Set switches 1,3,7,8 down
3. Connect laptop at 9600-8-N-1
4. Power modem on
5. Type in the following commands:
AT&F0 (cr)
AT&B1&W0&W1 (cr)
6. Power modem off
Set switches 1&4 down all the rest up
Power modem on

A wise man mends nets not swords

mokeefe69, That is the procedure I use all the time and it works EVERYTIME. Just make sure your TTY port on the PBX is 9600 baud.

It's a phone system, NOT a clock!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back