Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

modem is not responding

Status
Not open for further replies.

cillaw

Technical User
Mar 11, 2005
US
I had to do a complete system restore on my Pavion 6735 desktop. Now my modem is not respoding.

Obvious questions...did you look in device manager to make sure is doesn't have any errors?...do you need to download the latest driver? You could always search on "HyperTerminal" on the web and follow the steps on how to test the modem. You didn't mention what operating system.

I have a 4500S Dell Desktop at home...I have Conexant 56K modem...sometimes, I try to connect to the internet and it doesn't even make the dialing sounds...I tried updating my modem but it just won't connect...I've even tested the phone line by connecting another phone to it,it's OK. What is the problem with my modem?

As mentioned above... Operating system? Errors in Device Manager for that device? Does it pass the diags? Modem plugged into Master socket? Could be modem has suffered a static burst on your phone line during a storm, and has finally given up the ghost. Phone extension line problems? Bad connection? Difficult to be specific without more info.

ROGER - G0AOZ.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back