Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

modem drivers

Status
Not open for further replies.

cds

MIS
Nov 9, 1998
US
need modem drivers for us robotics winmodems<br>
any ideas, 3-com stated over a month ago about getting<br>
some out, but haven't been able to find out.

try going to the usrobotics website - they should have any - you might even have to call - it doesn't mean that they are going to actually post it on the site - they don't like doing that now cause they don't think alot of people are going to be interested in win2k. most people arn't like us<br>
<br>
<br>
Tia

Tia,<br>
<br>
first thing i tried. they're response is, if ms releases 2000 and ok's the winmodem as a modem that will work with 2000, they will build a driver.

Tia,<br>
<br>
first thing i tried. they're response is, if ms releases 2000 and ok's the winmodem as a modem that will work with 2000, they will build a driver. makes since right???

i have an impression 56k v.90 pci winmodem with a rockwell chipset, i see the drivers out there for win2k<br>
but the stupid OS refuses to accept that they are the right drivers... any suggestions?

Carn't you force it to install them?<br>
<br>
It normally say's that the drivers your installing is not written for your hardware do you want to continue, then just click yes. <p>Simon Jones<br><a href=mailto:sijones@talk21.com>sijones@talk21.com</a><br><a href= Allandale Youth Works</a><br>The above is all my own site I look after!!!<br>
God am good!!! and good lookin :)

I had the same problem till,<br>
<br>
I put my modem in Plug&Play mode with the jumpers !<br>
take them all off...and restart..<br>
<br>
hope this helps...

I Have U.S.Robotics 56k internal voice modem...<br>
And Windows 2000 doesn't know this modem !!<br>
So it defines it as unknown modem ... so I push it to define it as U.S.Robotics but unfortionatly.. the modem now is U.S.Robotics but without voice options.. and It can't automaticly answer the phone dialing.. Or make any responce... It just help me to enter the net or dialing but can't answer... Any help can be givin to a poor person like me :)<br>
please..

I emailed 3COM for the drivers for their internal 56k Winmodem when I didn't see them on their web site.&nbsp;&nbsp;Their reply was &quot;they are on the Win2000 CD&quot;.&nbsp;&nbsp;This in March.&nbsp;&nbsp;Modem works after upgrade from NT 4.

hi, any of you know if it is possible to istall a Motorola SM56 PCI Fax Modem having Windows 2000 Server ???????????
Thanks for the help.

i need driver to modem ISDN intracom netmod to windows 2000 server... tank's for you're time...

hi,i istalled win2000 server on my pc for education reasons,but my modem(diamond supra max 56 usb) doesn't work.when i use win 98 se it works fine.the first step was to install the drivers for win 2000 servr and so i did,but all i get is a error message that &quot;this device cannot start(error 10).please help me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back