Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

modem drivers

Status
Not open for further replies.

netwalker1

Programmer
Feb 5, 2000
EG
Can anybody help me find a suitable drivers for ( U.S.Robotics Voice internal Modem ).. For windows 2000...<br>
Please ...<br>
Or I want to know any kind of modems completely well defined in windows 2000 and compatable with class 2..<br>

Have you tried US Robotics website themselves, Just saying this cuz i kinda doubt you could use another driver from them, but you could try forcing a standard modem driver on them, which is always at the top of the driver list, chances are tho you may only get 33.6 max out of it, to the fact that 56K modems may decompress and send data to the computer in their own way. <p>Karl<br><a href=mailto:kb244@bellsouth.net>kb244@bellsouth.net</a><br><a href= </a><br>Experienced in , or have messed with : VC++, Borland C++ Builder, VB-Dos, VB1 thru VB6, Delphi 3 pro, Borland C++ 3(DOS), Borland C++ 4.5, HTML, ASP(somewhat), QBasic(hehe, yea it was 4.5 too, least i didnt start with COBOL)

I want to use the voice cabability of the modem,, so when i got the drivers the win2000 assume that my modem is ( unknown modem ),, but I want to use the voice option , the site can't give me the newest one,, can you give me any place to download the win2000 drivers ??

if there is any Win2k drivers, it would have to come striaght from US Robotics, Microsoft is in no way responsible, or garateeing, they'll have drivers, for a product, it's the manufactuer's job to provide you with these drivers, if you cant find it on their website, give them a call, or drop them an email, you could also look at win2kgames.com (i think thats right) cuz theyu had some drivers for some hardware, such as display and audio driver(somewhat related to gamming), they might have modem drivers. also , goto the microsofot Windows 2000 HCL list(Hardware compatibility list) online, if you dont see your modem there, chances are no drivers has been made for it yet. and if they're are drivers, chances are you still wouldnt have voice capabilities, for example, SoundBlaster Live! drivers that come with Win2k, has no quad-speaker support, no live! drive support, and bunch of other stuff, only supports up to the minimal required, to get it working.<br>
<br>
let me know if you need any other info <p>Karl<br><a href=mailto:kb244@bellsouth.net>kb244@bellsouth.net</a><br><a href= </a><br>Experienced in , or have messed with : VC++, Borland C++ Builder, VB-Dos, VB1 thru VB6, Delphi 3 pro, Borland C++ 3(DOS), Borland C++ 4.5, HTML, ASP(somewhat), QBasic(hehe, yea it was 4.5 too, least i didnt start with COBOL)

1-go to u s r web site <br>2-download program called update drivers <br>3-setup it and .....

hello
can anybody tell me where i can downlaod a manula for, and also get a driver for a (rockewll?) external modem model number fm - 56jt version rwd - uk?
slainte terry35@indigo.ie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back