Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Modem doesn't dial out

Status
Not open for further replies.

YWCA

MIS
Mar 10, 2010
US
I want to say thanks for all the help I've recieved so far on this site. I feel that I might be just a step or two away from making this finally work.

I got the modem string to work correctly. When I used the Remote tools, it dials out you can hear the beginning of the handshake and then it stops abruptly and says that the RAD isn't compatible with the remote tools. I am using NM 3.7 and remote tools from 11. I have remote tools for 8 and 9 as well as 11. What do I need to do to make this work?

As for when I use the Start Online Session, I don't hear the modem actual dial out, I just hear the squealing but no beeps from the numbers, it does dial something as it continues on and goes to an operater saying if I want to place a call, to hang up and try again.

Which method are you using? Remote, or Operator Assisted? If you're using operator assisted you need to place the call from an analog phone paralleled on the line and have the other end dial F9*0 for MICS or whatever the CICS code is.

-----------------------------------

Im using remote. It is funny as it dials out,when I am using the Remote Tools,to the RAD at the offsite but the RAD says that it isnt compatible with the Remote Tools.
Should it be able to use the NM 3.7 with the Remote tools from NRU 11?

Ok.. how do I find out this info? I used to use the NM 3.5 on a win 98 machine (Im trying to bring them in to this century).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back