Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Modem disconnect ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

fcepeda

Technical User
Jul 19, 2001
MX
Hi, i have a problem with a dialup connection between a cisco 2509 and cisco 1601, both modems can dial to the other when i use a ping from network to network, but inmediatly hang before the receiving modem respond. I have a pool of Motorola modems in async port of 2509 and Motorola V3600 modems in every 1601. I tried changing the modems, but the error still.

Thank, fcepeda.

Are you using a chat script? autoconfigure discovery? Debug dialer is great for troubleshooting.
----------------------------------------
Wassabi Pop Tarts! Write Kellogs today!

Thanks for the help, the problem was TIMEOUT in chat-script.

Bye, FCepeda

check the username and password at each side of the connection in the line configuration at the 1600 end u add the username and password of the 2600 router and vise versa because the problem of disconnecting may be beacuse of the negotiaion failure check it by debugging the ppp negotiaion and the ppp authentication commands and if still facing the problem send to me the cnfiguration of both routers and the results of the debug commands

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back