Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Modem Connection to NAM 4.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

quebec03

IS-IT--Management
Apr 6, 2008
CA
Hi,

I recently install a used NAM 4.0 on a Norstar 824 DR5.1. My first problem was to read the docs that came with it and in this forum I could get the passwords for that doc.

I made everything working well but I now need to costum a COS.

I'm using XP and with all the information I found on this forum, I can connect with modem. But when I start NVM with the IP and password, it says "communication error with server".

Do I need to setup something on the NAM ?

I'm using the docs that can be found on your site and I found them very helpful.

It is effectivelly after doing what it is in this quick reference that I'm asking for help.

My modem connect with the namaccess. But when I use the NVM I got an error message.

I use Win XP. The socket is PPP in the XP and not the nvm2ppp.inf or the nvmppp2.inf that it is found on the CD.

I'm asking again : Do I need to setup something on the NAM ?

If you're connecting to the modem the NAM needs no other setup. Are you using the default IP address 192.168.110.10? If that doesn't work I'd guess the IP address in the NAM has been changed. You'll need the IP Lite software to change the IP address.

Brian Cox

when I connect to NAM and check the property of the connection I see :

Server IP 192.168.110.12

My IP 222.222.222.2

What is the IP lite software? I did not find it on the CD

Thank's very much the help.

Im guessing on this one, but you should still be able to connect to the nam using 192.168.110.12. You need to make the ip address of your computer 192.168.110.15 (it doesn't have to be 15, but it needs to be close to the nam ip address.

Right. Make your laptop's gateway 192.168.110.12, and your IP 192.168.110.13. You should be golden.

Xp and win2000 aren't supported as I have been told by Nortel. If you have an old win98 machine it works fine.(who does, ha ha) If your nam is 4.1 there is a back door through the telephone to modify the cos.

phoneguy427,

Didn't even think about that. I keep an old Win95 PC in my test area with all my programming software, hyperterminal, etc. It boots up fast and gives me no problems with what I need it to do.

If XP is being used one could right-click the shortcut to Voicemail Manager, click properties and set its compatibility mode for Win98 or Win95. Maybe this would solve the connection problem.

Brian Cox

Cross connect your pc to the NAM and set yours manually to an address within the same range. Set gateway to the NAM and you will be able to connect. I did this with a CP100 when I set it up at a customer site and all went well. Should work the same for the NAM....

John Panzer

Hi every body.

Thanks very much for all your comments.

Sorry for the time to answer : I've been out of the city for almost a month and when back home there was an ugly virus on my computer.

After I getting everything to normal, I tried these :

1 - In XP, I tried with the status 'Run compatible Win98'.
2 - I install a new occurence of Win98 on a Pentium MMX 66.
3 - I install a new occurence of Win95 on a P3-1000.

Nothing at all. In the three cases it still connects with modem but when I try MVN software it gives me back 'connection error with server'.

The voice mail version is N4.0.04C

I guess the next step will be to connect direct in monitor mode. But I don't have graphic card for now.

Any suggestion for this card?

All I want is a way to customize a COS in programming.

Does the NAM have a NIC card/port in it?

Also, if you have the ability to upgrade it to 4.1, then you can edit the COS using feature 983...

If this is a one site issue, I'd take DBrewsky's advice, and upgrade to 4.1.

F983, MBOX, 1, and edit away.

Exsmogger, that link for IP Lite you gave didn't go anywhere. How would you change, reset or find an unknown IP? Can you do it through the NIC?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back