Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Modem configuration

Status
Not open for further replies.

tap

Programmer
Jul 15, 2001
US
I have tried and tried to get my modem to work but no joy :(
Here are my settings:-

Modem
Diagnostics

COM 1 No Modem Installed
COM 2 Serial Mouse
COM 3 SupraExpress 56i V PRO

-----------------------------------
More info

Port information
Port com 3
interupt 11
address 3EB
UART NS 1655OAN
Highest Speed 115K Baud

SupreExpress 56i V PRO

Identifier Responce
ATI1 255
ATI2 OK
ATI3 2.2.156.015e
ATI3 Supraexpress 56i V Pro
ATI3 Built: Jan 30 1999 10:24:24
ATI4 K56 V.90 Monopak DP
ATI5 180
ATI6 UK
ATI7 OK
AFCLA.. 0,1,8

-----------------------------------
Dos support (I get the following message)
The interrupt resource ( IRQ ) assigned to this modem may not match the interrupt that DOS applications should be configured to use. The correct settings for DOS applications using this modem are shown below.
No changes are required to the modem hardware settings, it is already correctly installed. This note only refers to configuring DOS applications that use this modem.No changes are required to the modem hardware settings, it is already correctly installed. This note only refers to configuring DOS applications that use this modem.No changes are required to the modem hardware settings, it is already correctly installed. This note only refers to configuring DOS applications that use this modem.

Com Port None
Base Address(HEX) None

Enumerator
IRQ None

----------------------------------
Resources
Input Request 11
input/output Range 03EF - 03EF

No conflicts

--------------------------------
Enumerator
HFCMODEM
supra2560 PCI Modem Enumerator
Resources
Input Request 11
Memory Range E1000000 - E100FFF
No Conflicts
------------------------------------------

I tried to change the settings but without any success,
I added the modem and installed it to com port 1 but got an error message that port could not be read from the regestry

I am sure that I have the correct drivers because I downloaded them form the Daimond site using the part number

I have an external 28k (motorolla) modem which I removed but obviously had to reinstall to get internet access this modem goes straight in on com port 1

What can I do to get the Diamond 56k modem to work?? PLEASE!!!!!

what OS are you using. i'll assume win98,98se, or ME.

go into device manager(right click my computer then click on properties) and remove the diamond modem under the modem section.

also remove any devices that are in "other devices".( if there is any device under this it means that a driver has been loaded incorrectly or you are using the wrong driver).

reboot computer, it will reinstall the drivers for the modem
if this doesn't work do all the above stuff again, shutdown computer and move modem to differnt slot.
does it work??
is this a hardware modem?

i forgot to mention this.
are you using this modem for DOS applications?
if this modem is not a hardware modem it will not work with dos apps.

Thanks teknoguy

I have already tried all of the above and have exhausted
everything to my limited knowledge
Im not sure if it is a hrdware modem or software modem
I bought it second hand - dont have any info or instructions - is there anyway to tell which one it is
I am using win 98 and as far as I knw I dont use it for Dos apps

Thanks Agaain

Ps my Pc is a amd 166 Mhz Award VX Promoterboard
Perhaps if it is a software modem then my machine is not man enough for the job!!

Read my response to your double post in the modems forum, and please don't double post. Cheers,
Jim
iamcan.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back