Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Modem access

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phoneyguy1

Technical User
Mar 8, 2006
US
Help! Does anyone know how to access a meridian switch using Windows 10? My old laptop is on its last legs and I need to replace it. I've used Procomm Plus on Windows 7 but can't seem to find a solution with Win 10. Any ideas. Someone else must have run into this issue.

Procomm Plus on Windows 10 at 32 bit works fine for me. Just make sure that when you install it that you DON'T install it in the Program Files area as the security stps you from editing the directory file or capturing a log files etc unless you make changes to the permissions in the folder.

Firebird Scrambler
Nortel Meridian 1 / Succession and BCM / Norstar Programmer in the UK
Advance knowledge on BCM support

Thanks Firebird I will try your suggestion. If that doesn't work I think I will remove Win10 and install Win7 on my new laptop

I don't think Hypertermal has been on Windows since WIN7

Hmmm I am going to be in the same boat. I have been clinging to my old laptop for years just because I like Procomm over all other comm programs. I can't even find my copy of Procomm any more if I wanted to re-install it. I really don't want to buy another copy but I may have to break down....... if it will work, it might be worth it I guess.

If you are stuck for a copy, then let me know. I tend to still use it as first choice, then ZOC and finally anything else. It's a habit that is hard to change.

Firebird Scrambler
Nortel Meridian 1 / Succession and BCM / Norstar Programmer in the UK
Advance knowledge on BCM support

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back