Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Mock Crosstab - Background Color Not Always Working 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

govmule

MIS
Dec 17, 2002
US
Hello All,

Crystal Reports 8.5/Crystal Enterprise 8 hitting a MSSQL2005 database.

My mock crosstab is working fine except for the background colors in the summary fields inserted in the group footer. I'm basing the formatting on a field which has a value of 1, 2 or 3. 1 = green, 2 = yellow and 3 = red else no color.

It works most of the time but a few times it doesn't. When I insert the field into the details and apply the same logic it does work, so I'm thinking it has something to do with the fact that it's a summary.

Any thoughts.

You will have to show use the actual formula you are using. Do you only have one group? What field are you grouping on?

-LB

As always - thank you - here is the formula:

if {RANGE_COMPUTATIONS_6_GET_RESULTS.RangeResult} = 1 then crgreen
else
if {RANGE_COMPUTATIONS_6_GET_RESULTS.RangeResult} = 2 then cryellow
else
if {RANGE_COMPUTATIONS_6_GET_RESULTS.RangeResult} = 3 then crred
else
crnocolor

I have two groups. G1 is the division in our company (Facilities, Purchasing, etc). G2 is the specific performance measure being graded (customer satisfaction, response time, etc)

I didn't use running totals, just formulas. I did some additional research and am trying running totals now. I'll let you know how it goes.

Running totals are not the answer particularly. The issue is that your formula, when applied to the group footer, is only testing the value of the last row in the group. I'm not sure what you are intending to test. You should be testing some summary of the results.

-LB

Figured it out. I found a numerical field that represents each color in the details. I created a summary for that, then supressed it in the footer. I now can base by formatting on that and it's perfect.

Thank you for always being here to talk things out with.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back