Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

mobo-to case-need a detailed diagram of pin assignments

Status
Not open for further replies.

jazzbo

Technical User
Feb 9, 2002
BM
HELP! my first assembly of PC,only problem is,cannot get power connected right.

But I need a detailed diagram of pin assignments

for PCCHIPS M787clm ALL-IN-ONE m/b,“case switches,indicator LEDs to SW1 header

not enough info in manual

Cannot get power lines hooked up right to a jet shop ATX case,it has no diagrams or web site.its made in china-model A03

The manual on pc chips web site is very clear on the jumper settings. What is your problem?

I cant figure out what combination with turn PC on?

this PS is built into the case.it must be ok, as I see LED come on,but I cant figure out what combination with turn PC on?

on mobo,its 4 rows of 2 pins,with a 5th of 1 pin
,how are these 2 pin case swithches attached?

do you mean 1 row of 4 sets of 2 pins, and a fifth alone pin?

OK,iv got pins connected correct ,I think,

but when insert power cord, hear familiar sqweak,but nothing turns on…….

what now?
:(

maybe its the old floppy i scavenged from an old dell,is screwing up the power line?

And then you press the power-on button?
ATX, right? Power is applied to the board, but it is only the control voltages. Requires power on button to bring processor power up.
Floppy power problems generally crowbar the supply and everything dies.

Ed Fair
Any advice I give is my best judgement based on my interpretation of the facts you supply. Help increase my knowledge by providing some feedback, good or bad, on any advice I have given.

No,it’s not floppy,I can start another PC and power it up with this floppy

Also the wire labelled “power LED” has 3 holes, while its space ,pins #2,and 4 are only 2 holes?

These are the little inconsistiencies that you find.
You pull the connectors and reseat them to fit the 2 pins.

You haven't said anything about finding the 2 pins marked power. They connect to the power switch on the cabinet.

Ed Fair
Any advice I give is my best judgement based on my interpretation of the facts you supply. Help increase my knowledge by providing some feedback, good or bad, on any advice I have given.

i have "power sw" on pins 6 & 8 as required

hear sweak,meaning it has power but nothing turns on

how do you ensure have wires connected to pins correctly,label facing in,out etc

Power switch and reset switch don't care. LEDs work one way only and being backwards doesn't hurt them. You can run the board with only the big power connector and use a screwdriver blade to temporarily short across the power on pins.
When I have a board with no docs, that is the starting point.

Ed Fair

solved!!

ill never buy another shitty case,china made “jet shop” again or a PC Chips M787CL+ Motherboard

manual was WRONG on pin assignments,as i found out hard way

Welcome to the real world. The impossible takes just a little longer.
Glad you got it.

Ed Fair

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back