Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Mobility Features licensed, but not enabled

Status
Not open for further replies.

tkline98

Technical User
Jun 15, 2002
US
I have a IP 406 that we just upgraded to version 6.0.8. I purchased a Power User license to experiment with the mobility features. I have the Software Update, Preferred Edition 4-seat VM Pro, and the Power User Licenses, and they all say they are valid and never expire.

When I set my user as a power user, but when I go to the mobility tab, I can't select the Mobilty Features checkbox.

I checked all the users and no one else is set to a power user, or has the mobility features selected. When I set my user back to a Basic User, the number of licenses used for the Power User license shows zero, and likewise, when I set my user back to a Power User, the license count shows 1, so I'm sure there is not another user taking up the license.

I'm at a loss. We really would like to try out these features and expand our license once we test it out.

Thanks
Tom

What is the artikel number of that power user license?
Does the power user license enables the softphone?

I think you have a R5 power user license.

Homo sapiens non urinat in ventum

honey, i fried the IP Office !!!

Sarcasm, it's only one of the services I offer.

I asked my provider for:

229426 IPO LIC R6 PWR USER 1

It says "Power User" as the License Type and Valid for the status with 1 instance.

Double click the license and see if there is a user selected.
A power user should enable mobility too.
But if you have one license then you should do it by double clicking on the license.

Why? i have no idea but that is what Avaya told me.

What the heck is that!!!?!?!?!?!?!

I searched through the manual and never saw anything about double clicking the license to assign it to a user!

I assigned the license to my user, and I now can set the Mobility Features. I'll be playing with them today (and double clicking on everything else in manager to see what secrets are revealed!)

Thanks for the help!!!!

This problem you have is only with mobility and only if you have a RFA1 :)

You can double click teleworker and receptionist licences and assign them like that too, even for RFA 5 etc, I found out while messing about when bored :)

ACSS (SME)
APSS (SME)

But it is only needed when you have one license.
But it is very quick to do it this way :)

So you have a 406v2 and IP400 BRI or PRI modules, I suppose.
This means that mobile twinning is not supported. At least not more than the double call variant we had since 3.2

Yep, I have an 406v2 with a T1 PRI card in it, and the mobility works perfectly!

V6.0(8)

Indeed, I believe TomMills also had/has it working on a 400 card but it's just a case of it's unsupported as oppose to doesn't work :)

ACSS (SME)
APSS (SME)

This problem you have is only with mobility and only if you have a RFA1 "

I bet if you mentioned this to Avaya they would say it is a design decision and won't be fixed unless you want to pay the development bill.

"You can double click teleworker and receptionist licences and assign them like that too, even for RFA 5 etc, I found out while messing about when bored"

It also works for OneX Portal Lic, UMS Web Services, Mobile Worker and Mobility Features. (and of course as above - receptionist, teleworker and power user) It doesn't work for Phone Manager Pro or PMP IP Audio Enabled though (or MS CRM Integration or Wave User). Also doesn't work for Customer Service Agents/Supervisors, CCR or CCC licenses.

I like the inconsistency and the undocumentedness of it all!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back