Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Mobile Twinning

Status
Not open for further replies.

jdaley1980

Technical User
Oct 19, 2010
US
I have a 2 users who want me to forward their calls to their cell phones at one of our sites. I've never used Mobile Twinning. I'm reading about it and it looks like I have to get a Avaya IP Office Mobile Worker license to get it to work. I just wanted to know if that's all I need or if there is something else I am missing? We have an IP Office 500 v2(R9). We only have 10 CO lines coming in and 15 users. I want to dedicate 1 CO line specifically to Twin these two users. I realize that if they both get call one of the calls won't be able to Twin but oh well.

Also, if can I auto forward the calls to those cell phones until I get these licenses? Thanks

You have Mobile Twinning already, just check the boxes you need on the Mobility tab of the user.

Analog lines are not a good choice for twinning, but remember to allow trunk-to-trunk connect on the lines.

Kind regards

Gunnar

2cnvimggcac8ua2fg.jpg

Gunnaro, I see the twinning under User->Mobility but I can only choose Internal Twinning. Mobility->Mobile Twinning is grayed out. Is there another way to make that selectable? Yeah, I read that analog line aren't the best for Twinning but that's all we can get at this site for now. Thanks

You say you have R9.0...Sure it's not R7 or lower? (Or worse, Muppet mode)

Kind regards

Gunnar

2cnvimggcac8ua2fg.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back