Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Mobile Twinning

Status
Not open for further replies.

ivtrook

Technical User
Jun 28, 2006
US
I've never set this up before. Basically the customer needs the calls to be forwarded to one user's cell phone with the ID of the caller. Without mobile twinning, the forwarding feature shows the ID of the main office number.

what you need is a function called "clip no screening" wich allows you to send out any number. in most country's this is not allowed by the network provider

I'm sorry i've never heard of that function. Can you elaborate on how and where it is set up? Thanks!

It's up to your service provider to show the number, as the IPO will send the CLI if you transfer a call, use forwarding or mobile twinning.

Usually the service provider don't allow this, some do though if you talk to them.

If you imagine your isdn circuit, you can only send cli if it is a number registered on that circuit.

To be able to send the cli of the caller, this would mean over your isdn circuit you need to be able to pass anything as a cli, correct? Understand so far?

So if you could do that, what would stop me sending a charity number as a cli, pretend to be that charity and collect some credit card details etc.

You cannot do it.

The send callers cli thing for mobile twinning is for when you have a private type mobile network.

In the UK BT have something called mobex whereby BT provide you with a PRI into the BT mobex (mobile) network. You can call from mobile to mobile on ext numbers rather than the full moby number. You can also make and receive moby calls as normal. So in effect this mobile network is private between the IPO and the mobiles but public in every other aspect.

Because it is a private network between the IPO and the handset, you can send any cli to the mobile handsets.

Does that make sense?

ACA - IP Office Implement
ACS - IP Office Implement
ACE - IP Office Implement
ACI - IP Office Implement

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back