Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Mobile Email

Status
Not open for further replies.

xerox999

Technical User
Mar 11, 2003
GB
Hi people,

I have a question in regards to Setting up mobile email services. basically waht we want to do is to be able to let some of our staff get thier emails from their mobile phones via our network. Can exchange 2000 do this or is the new Exchange 2003 needed. If it possible with exhange 2000 do I need MS Mobile Information server?
All help is aprreciated, many thanks.

Paulha many thanks for your help.

Hi,

Exchange 2000 will do this with some devices, I have 8 of us using the T-mobile Pocket PC phone using IMAP4 on Exchange 2000. If the phone can recieve POP3 or IMAP4 it will work great. If you want some more details let me know.

Robert

Robprince many thinks for your help. Is there any guide/tutorial on how to set this up anywhere?

Many Thanks

I have several users using different phones and different providers. It pretty much comes down to how the phone accepts emails, not which version of Exchange you have. My Treo 300, through SprintPCS, has an applet that runs on a pc that connects to my Exchange account. Other users have their emails forwarded, User profile/Exchange general tab /delivery option button, to the phones email address (i.e. 5551234567@isp.com). I would contact your mobile service provider for their recomendations.

Mark

I'll try to write a guide/tutorial this week on the Pocket PC phones from T-mobile & AT&T and other phones.

Robert

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back