Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Mobile Devices 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darrenb

MIS
Jan 20, 2000
GB
My boss has given me a Compaq iPaq H3630. We want to be able to connect to our SAP servers and use the handheld device just like the SAP client on the desktop PC's. Does anyone know how to do this, or where I can get some kind of idea?!?! If anyone knows of some websites with some info I would be very grateful. We have searched OSS with no luck either!!!

Many thanks

Darren

How must I define the F1 buttom in Sapconsole to use it as the Save buttom?
I assigned the SAVE function to F1, but when I push it, it shows the following error: 'it´s imposible to use this function key'.
Could you help me?
Thanks in advance.

Hello, When we use Sapconsole, we generate a list where the positions of a goods reservation are shown.
We need to select one line, but the problem is that the cursor is no visible (We determine the cursor position with SET CURSOR).
The problem is: When we generate a list in Sapconsole, we can´t move through its fields because cursor is not visible.
How can we resolve this?
Is there another way to generate a list, and select one line from it afterwards (I think table strip are not possible)?
Thanks in advance.

Hi, we're trying use SAP and IPAQ as a solution but we took a whole other approach. We simply used the IPAQ pocket browser as the accesspoint. By using a web enabled SAP interface. (With some adjustments because of the poor HTML 3.2 implementation on the IPAQ)
It's still not finished but prospects are looking good

Kryton Guard

PLEASE HELP!!!
We´ve designed a user-exit screen for LM01 transaction in order to change the legth of the buttoms. The problem is that in the new menu, the texts don´t appear on the buttoms.
We think we have to define PBO of SAPLXLRF exactly as PBO of RLMENU program (screen 1888), but nothing happends.
Does anybody know what´s the problem?
THANKS IN ADVANCE.

I like to give Pacos question from JAN 15 2002 another chance - we experience the same problem with these lists where we need to pick up an item by cursor:

Paco wrote: We need to select one line, but the problem is that the cursor is no visible (We determine the cursor position with SET CURSOR). The problem is: When we generate a list in Sapconsole, we can´t move through its fields because cursor is not visible.
How can we resolve this?

We use Antares Trakker 2425 and this is a great impact on our project.

Thanks a lot for any idea!

If you want to see a SAP GUI like intelligent display on a handhenl like a COMPAQ IPAQ you should contact Shipcom Wireless at 281-558-5252 x 252. We connect symoltainously to SAP, SIEBEL, ORACLE, EXCHANGE to DOS, PALM, and POCKET PC devices without programming.

atyebji@shipcomwirelss.com

Hi everyone!

It's high time for an update. I've got a Compaq iPAQ up and running with SAPConsole.

The trick is to use the Naurtech Corporation telnet client to establish your connection with whatever telnet server you're using.

I'm busy investigating the use of SAP Mobile Enjine for store and forward scenarios. I will post that info as soon as I figure out how to get my hands on it.

Feel free to post any SAP mobile questions, I will attempt to answer it here in the forum. Marius Vermeulen

Hi.

The SAPConsole Administrator (in Control Panel) states: "The default profile will be used when no other profile is specified for SAPConsole on the command line" (This appears when you actually have the word "Profile" selected in the left pane).

Does anyone know the syntax to specify an alternate profile for SAPConsole?

TIA

Dear Yellownumber,

When you right-click on a profile you can set it as the "default" profile. The reason is where you have multiple profiles, for example when you do development and/or testing, you would manually select the profile you want to be active by making it the default profile.

When you have only one profile, it will automatically be the default profile.

The SAPConsole Administrator is nothing than just a shell. It actually calls the SAPConsole executable in the background and passes the parameters as a command line to the application.

It is possible to call the SAPConsole executable from a Telnet logon script and pass command line instructions directly to it.

Does this answer your question?

Feel free to ask if you have more questions.
Marius Vermeulen

Marius,

Thanks for your response.

What I am interested in is what the actual command line instructions for SAPConsole are.

My goal is to allow one or two users to use my TEST profile (points to my test system) from the same SAPConsole/telnet server where production users are using the PRD (default) profile.

My thought is that I am already calling sapcnsl.exe from a script run by the telnet service, so I would like to alter the script for some TEST users to call sapcnsl.exe with the correct switches/instructions to call a non-default profile.

Thank you,

yellownumber5

Dear yellownumber5,

You can switch between different profiles using the -p comand line parameter when calling sapcnsl.exe

Marius Vermeulen Marius Vermeulen

You could just as well enable the Internt Transaction Server / Web Application Services to access your SAP system with a minimal client... just a browser.
There is also the option to use the JAVA-GUI from SAP.
Free? Does that mean I can't get a Discount?

Hi all,
I need some advice. pls help.
Recently, I installed the SAP 4.6C at my citrix server, planning to distribute to my users. However, i hit the following error on Logon :

Connection to host 10.18.x.x , service sapdp00 timed out

Component : NI (Network interface)
Version : 34
Return code : -12
Module : nixxi.c
Line : 751
Detail : NiPConnect
Counter : 1

regards,
magpies

SAP will release a "WEBConsole" solution at the upcoming ASUG Conference.
We've just finished testing WEBConsole successfully with transactions we've written for SAPConsole.
Be Sure to Stop By Booth #543 at ASUG for a demo!

Marius Vermeulen
SAP Mobile Solutions Expert

Hi Marius,

the "WEBConsole" sounds interesting.
Do you have any further links/information for this?

TIA,
EDIFIX

SAP withdrew the "WEBConsole" terminology and now calls it WEB Enabled RF Transactions. The name clashed with some of their other mobile products.

WEB Enabled RF Transactions is driven by an HTML translator that sits on the same level as SAPConsole. It will translate a SAP screen to HTML - with the same limitations as SAPConsole. It's actually a DLL and Apache server that ships with a new release of SAP Presentation CD. To get access to use this new product, you will need to register with SAP.

This product successfully completed beta testing and is now available for first customer release (controlled release).

If you are interested in using this product - you can contact me at mvermeulen@datavision.com or call me at (856) 719-8600.

Marius Vermeulen
SAP Mobile Solutions Expert

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back