Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Mobile Client, Appear to initiate call from PBX.

Status
Not open for further replies.

308win

MIS
May 2, 2001
US
Five years ago when we installed our 3300 I seem to remember playing with a feature that allowed a UCA mobile client to place a call from the PBX and have it conference in your Mobile. We didn't have any use for it then but now I have after hours support people that need to call parties in other countries and we would like to mask the support persons personal caller id by having the call placed by our PBX and because of that the company picks up the toll charges directly.

It worked by you dialing the call with your UCA client, then the PBX first called your mobile, you answered it, then the PBX called the other party and did a trunk-trunk conference. It was all automatic and seamless. Can somebody remind me as to how I did this, I'm not seeing the feature.

I know I can do this with an EHDU but that requires dialing a lot of numbers and access codes and pausing at the right time before dialing. This other way was a lot cleaner. Softphone would be another way, but again more configuration.

External Hot Desk User Callback

Overview

External Hot Desk User (EHDU) Callback helps to eliminate or reduce outgoing call charges for EHDU users. When the system receives an authenticated call from the EHDU, it returns busy tone, and then disconnects the call. On hearing the tone, the user hangs up and awaits the callback. Using the calling party number received in the initial call, the system calls the user back, usually within a few seconds. After answering the callback, the user is presented with dial tone, and then dials the required number. This process can be expedited if the user's device supports "smart dialing."

This feature greatly reduces charges to EHDUs in different local calling areas than their home MiVoice Business system or on a mobile calling plans that charge for outgoing calls. In both cases, the user avoids charges for calls to the system since they can't be completed due to busy condition.

What's most important is that you realise ... There is no spoon.

Figured it out, Personal Ring Group.

Define your mobile as a EHDU and put it in a personal ring group. When placing the call using the UCA on your mobile select your mobile when prompted as to where to place the call from.

PBX calls your mobile, you press a key to acknowledge, then it calls the other party.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back