Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

mmtask.dll 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

CS

Technical User
Feb 22, 2000
NZ
This pesky little dll file keeps freezing on my IBM ThinkPad LapTop.<br>
<br>
Does anyone know what its for and how to stop it from causing the system to hang 2-3 per day ?

I believe MMTASK is associated with a MultiMedia program. This may give you<br>
some clue. You can try reinstalling software that is associated with multimedia,<br>
such as sound card S/W, Real Player, etc. <p>David J. Aller<br><a href=mailto:GoTech@GoTechnologiesInc.com>GoTech@GoTechnologiesInc.com</a><br><a href= Computer Systems & Networking Services</a><br>

BTW, it's not a dll, it's MMTASK.TSK, and it's Multimedia background task support module from Microsoft.<br><br>Are you using Thinkpad 755 or 760?<br>Does the problem starts after you hang up your dial-up connection?

Voland -<br><br>Thanks for your reply.&nbsp;&nbsp;Indeed, you are right, it is mmtask.tsk not *.dll.<br><br>I am using a ThinkPad 600.&nbsp;&nbsp;The problem can be anytime - more noticeably when changing from one programme to another.<br><br>The good news is that about a month ago I downloaded&nbsp;&nbsp;&quot;Window Washer&quot; and used it for about a week.&nbsp;&nbsp;Since using it I have not had any more problems with &quot;mmtask.tsk&quot;.&nbsp;&nbsp;Don't ask me how because I have no idea.&nbsp;&nbsp;I'm just glad that I have no more &quot;hanging&quot;.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back