Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

mminfo help

Status
Not open for further replies.

cfowler

MIS
Oct 25, 2000
CA
Hey all;

I'm trying to find a list of clients with savetimes between a certain date & time but I'm having no luck with the syntax and can't find anything that gives a clear example online.

I've been trying: mminfo -av -q"sscreate<04/20/2011 19:00:00,sscreate=04/21/2011 06:00:00"

the idea is to find all savesets created after 7pm on april 20th but before 6am on april 21st. this generates a non-overlapping error message.

any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Carter Fowler
Hardware Services Technician
City of London
cfowler@london.ca

Hello,

much confusion in your criterias ;-)

how about :
mminfo -avot -q "sscreate>'04/20/2011 19:00:00',sscreate<'04/21/2011 06:00:00'" ?

Denis

Thanks for the response. I'm not sure where the confusion is, pretty simple actually - I want to use mminfo to return a list of savesets that were created within a period of time that I specify - IE anything between 7pm April 20th & 6am April 21st. I'm really not sure how else to type that.

The only difference between what I supplied for my example and what you supplied is the single quotes (or apostrophe) enclosing the date/time portion of the command. I'm working within windows (should have mentioned that) so that snytax won't work. It also doesn't work with quotations around the date/time or double quotes around the entire query.

Carter Fowler
City of London
cfowler@london.ca

Wow... can't believe this... the correct syntax is...

mminfo -av -q"sscreate>04/20/2011 07:00:00 PM,sscreate<04/21/2011 06:00:00 AM"

This will return all savesets created between 7pm, April 20th and 6am, April 21st.

Apparently NW doesn't understand the 24hr clock, at least not while its running on Windows.

Carter Fowler
City of London
cfowler@london.ca

NW understand 24hr clock (tested on Aix and Linux, both french and english versions), but I don't know if Windows supplies the right time format when asked by NW.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back