Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MMDF creating massive amounts of files 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

kcookson

MIS
Apr 5, 2001
US
Over the past couple of weeks our backups have taken an incredible amount of time to complete. We narrowed the problem down to the root directory taking excessive time (16 hours) to backup. We figured out that over the past couple of weeks the number of files in the root has gone from 47,700 to 287,000 files with the size increasing from 3GB to 4+GB. With pure dumb luck we found that var/opt/K/SCO/MMDF/2.43.36/spool/mmdf/lock/home/addr directory had 2,000+ msg.* files in it. We are removing the files but need to know why these files are being created. Also, we are running SCO ver. 5.0.5 on a Dell Poweredge 4300 if that helps. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Hi, we've switched over from mmdf to sendmail (which is an option). However, I would say you problem is a mail delivery/reading problem and if you look on sco's website you may find TA103329 and TA107320 of help

Thank you very much for all of your help. The article TA103329 seems to have done the trick. Thanks again.

I am having the EXACT same problem.
Thank you for the info. The problem is, sco.com has changed AGAIN, and now I can't search for technical articals by TA number.
Can someone elaborate on what should be done?
Is there still a way to search by TA number?
Thanks for any help you can spare.

Scott

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back