Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MMC (User Specific)

Status
Not open for further replies.

dlingo

Programmer
Nov 19, 2001
US
I have a question about Microsoft Management Console. I want to use Microsoft Management Console to lock down certain Windows functions, but I only want to lock down certain Windows functions for certain users. I've been playing around with the application and have found how to lock down everything that I want to lock down, but it applies these lock downs to the local machine and to all users that access the machine. Is there a way to make lock downs to particular users/groups, and not make them to others? Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

To this point I've been using the gpedit.msc file.

Hi,

Why can we access that console in the administrative tools? For instance, in the local security police we have a lot of configuration options, however we do not have those in the gpedit.msc. Is it possible to open gpedit.msc in a console with the others?

Thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back