Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MMC error message when trying to connect to server

Status
Not open for further replies.

HensleJ

MIS
Mar 18, 2003
US
I am getting the following error message when I use use the SMS MMC on my desktop to connect to the server. If I run the console on the server through Terminal Services I have no problems.

Thanks,

Josh

_com_error exception in MMC Admin UI!

Description: Factory Enumeration Failure
HRESULT : 0xEEEE0001
File : E:\OPALSP2\mmcadminui\Support\SMS_NMGR\NMGR_NodeData.cpp
Line: 221
<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
Description: CWbemAsyncNodeFactory::Enumerate Failed

Query :select coll.* from SMS_Collection as coll join SMS_CollectToSubCollect as assoc on coll.CollectionID=assoc.subCollectionID where assoc.parentCollectionID=&quot;COLLROOT&quot;

HRESULT : 0x8007000E-Not enough storage is available to complete this operation.

File : E:\OPALSP2\mmcadminui\Support\SMS_NWBM\NWBM_CWbemAsyncNodeFactory.cpp
Line: 107
Entry Point : Chlid node factory error Collections
Operation :
Command Line: C:\WINNT\system32\mmc.exe &quot;C:\SMSADMIN\bin\i386\sms.msc&quot;
Trace :

Josh, is the SMS-AdminConsole version the same as on the SMS-Server or could it be that you mixed up the ServicePack-levels ? (SMS 2.0 SP4 on server, SMS 2.0 SP2 as AdminConsole ?)

Brother chris71,
i am using ths sms console to connect to my servers, the version is diff( sp4 in server & sp3 in the workstation ).. and every thing is working ok ..
are there any problem will appear in the future

pls response

well sambusa, it is just not recommended and may cause faults...but there are several articles on MS-pages describing that.

I have SP4 on the console machine and the server. Any other ideas. Thanks for your help.

Thanks chris71,
Can u tell what's articles num... if it's possible

Thanks in advanced

The Line 107 factory enumeration error is usually caused when connected through IPSec, or when RealSecure Desktop Protector (a.k.a. Black Ice) is running.

The &quot;fix&quot; for the problem when connected through IPSec is to not filter certain ports (I can't recall which ones at the moment) but this is not recommended. The best alternative is to use Admin Console through terminal server.

If BlackIce is blocking incoming traffic for Admin Console you can adjust it to accept the specific traffic:
1. Double-click on BlackICE icon in system tray
2. Select Intruders tab
3. Locate SMS server(s)
4. Right click on SMS server then select Trust Intruder then Trust and Accept
5. Click Yes to trust
6. Click Close

SMS Admin Console should now enumerate nodes properly.

References:

Thanks, snyderj. That took care of the problem.

Hi for all,
i would like to ask if any one facing this problem : when i send the package to win98 it's running continually .
(run then restart then after some time run again )

i dont know waht's the problem exactly, but when i try to see the MIF file it seems there is problem when the package installed ... any oppinion pls

Thanks in advanced

Sambusa, you should start a new thread on this, otherwise, it will get overlooked.

Nonetheless, what version of SMS 2.0 are you running (i.e., service pack)? What kind of package are you distributing (i.e., requires a reboot, application, etc.)? Rod Trent
Microsoft.MVP.SMS
=======================================
Main site: =======================================

Sorry for all,
it's happend by mistake,

Thanks brother rodtrend

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back