Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MMail Errors after a relocation 00000003 000000FF

Status
Not open for further replies.

MikeeOK

Technical User
Jan 25, 2004
NZ
Hi Guys

I have an Option 61 running 21.45 with a 4 port Meridian Mail. The system has just been relocated and I am getting the following error. I am thinking that I have missed a cable somewhere. Any one have any ideas where I should be looking? I have lack of NTPs as well which is making it harder. (No installation ones)

AML: 8 MAINT INDICATION TIME: 19:54:28
ERRORS ARE:
00000003 000000FF

Thanks Michael

which sl-1? there is a cable between your aml link and your switch that you may have missed, two cables from the mail, one for the term and one for the aml. what do you get from ld 48 stat aml..? that is where the aml can be enl/dis

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Hi John

Sorry for my ignorance but what else is there after 61? The mail is what I think is called a modular unit?

Here is what I get in LD 48

>ld 48
LNK000
.stat aml
AML: 08 MSDL: 08 PORT: 01
LYR2: W_EST AUTO: ON LYR7: DOWN DSBL

Thanks for your help John
Michael

Something else I am trying to figure out is how do I tell which card is what loop. Is it based on which slot the card is in. Unrelated to the mail problem perhaps.

yes on the card slot question.. go to 97 and prt..xpe..enter..
that is a list of used xpe. go to 32 idcs x with x=to the xpe numbers, now you will see a a list of each card on that shelf.

your cables are right, now in 48 enl enl aml 8 lyr7. if that still don't work, dis aml 8.. ld 20 prt dnb, Vm Dn,,
now you know where in the switch your aml is pluged into example: my switch will show me 48 ports starting with 51 0, so i know it in group 1 self 2, on the left side, for my switch, in 32 disl 51, bang you get a new red light, faceplate disable that card and reseat it. then faceplate and ld 48 enl aml 8 acms

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Wow thanks John

I will give that a go as soon as I can get onsite. Thanks Very Much. Any chance you can download you brain and send the file over. LOL.

Something else I need a hand with but I am not sure weather I should put it in a new post or not.

This switch currently has standard digital trunks and i need to change them to primary rates. I have outed the TNs but don’t know how to change the loop configs. I need to do this don’t I? Can I please get a brief overview on which loads and what order I need to process to install a new Primary Rate. I have done it before but a long time ago and I don’t have the Installation NTP.

Thanks very much

P.S Please find config print below. Also FYI the switch ahs been moved fromt he UK to New Zealand.

TYPE cfn

ADAN HIST
SIZE 20000
USER MTC SCH BUG
ADAN TTY 0
CTYP SDI2
DNUM 0
DES XSM
FLOW NO
USER MTC
XSM YES
TTYLOG 0
ADAN TTY 1
CTYP SDI2
DNUM 1
DES MAINTENANCE
FLOW NO
USER MTC SCH CTY
XSM NO
TTYLOG 0
ADAN TTY 2
CTYP CPSI
DNUM 2
PORT 0
DES C_DTE
BPS 9600
BITL 8
STOP 1
PARY NONE
FLOW NO
USER MTC TRF SCH
XSM NO
TTYLOG 0
ADAN TTY 3
CTYP CPSI
DNUM 3
PORT 1
DES C_DCE
BPS 9600
BITL 8
STOP 1
PARY NONE
FLOW NO
USER MTC TRF SCH
XSM NO
TTYLOG 0
ADAN TTY 4
CTYP QSDI
DNUM 4
DES HSL
FLOW NO
USER HSL
XSM NO
ADAN TTY 5
CTYP QSDI
DNUM 5
DES CC_LINK
FLOW NO
USER ACD
CUST 00
SSUP YES

PAGE 001

APRT NO
XSM NO
ADAN TTY 6
CTYP QSDI
DNUM 6
DES SPARE
FLOW NO
USER MTC SCH BUG
XSM NO
TTYLOG 0
ADAN TTY 7
CTYP QSDI
DNUM 7
DES SPARE
FLOW NO
USER MTC SCH
XSM NO
TTYLOG 0
ADAN TTY 10
CTYP SDI2
DNUM 10
DES RACE
FLOW NO
USER BUG
XSM NO
TTYLOG 0
ADAN TTY 11
CTYP SDI2
DNUM 11
DES CILE
FLOW NO
USER CTY
XSM NO
ADAN AML 8
CTYP MSDL
DNUM 8
PORT 1
DES
BPS 4800
PARM RS232 DCE
IADR 003
RADR 001
T1 04
T2 010
N1 128
N2 08
K 7
ADAN DPNSS DCH 13
CTYP SPDC
DNUM 13
DES IMUK295827
USR DPNSS
ADAN DPNSS DCH 15
CTYP SPDC
DNUM 15
DES ISDN30
USR DPNSS
PARM
LPIB 192
HPIB 64
500B 500

PAGE 002

SL1B 40
DTIB 70
DTOB 70
NCR 5000
MGCR 25
CSQI 120
CSQO 120
CFWS YES
PCML A
ALRM YES
ERRM ERR BUG AUD
DTRB 100
ABCD NO
TMRK 128
FCDR NEW
PCDR NO
TPO NO
TSO NO
CLID NO
DUR5 NO
MLDN YES
MARP YES
FRPT NEFR
DCUS 1
DTDT NO
MSCL 255
PMSI
MANU PMS1
PMCR 60
PORT NONE
NDIS 20
OCAC NO
MTRO PPM
SBA_ADM_INS 002
SBA_USER 100
CEQU
MPED 8D
TERM
REMO
TERD 011
REMD
TERQ
REMQ
SUPL 004 012
DDCS 002 018
DTCS
XCT 008 030
TDS * 008 * 030
CONF * 009 * 031
MFSD * 008 * 030
APVL
DTI2
EXT0 3PE
CNI 012 000 000
EXT1 3PE
CNI 012 000 000
MCFN 004 004 004 004 016 016
OVLY
SID 1
BKGD 044
PBXH X

PAGE 003

TODR 00
DROL 030 043 044 045 060 135 137
CY45 01
MULTI_USER OFF
VAS
VSID 08
DLOP
AML 08
INTL 0001
MCNT 9999
CONF DIR
ATRN
CODE 2
SOLR 7
ROLR +50.10
TOLR -56.50
AGCD YES
VOLR NO
HRLR +42.00
HTLR -44.00
ALARM
FMT_OUTPUT : OFF
AF_STATUS : OFF

FILTER ENTRIES SUMMARY
TRIGGER SEVERITY SUPPRESS ESCALATE

NO ENTRIES.

EXCEPTION ENTRIES SUMMARY
TRIGGER

NO ENTRIES.

T1 is changed under CEQU prompt under DLOP.

Ts in Europe are different than in US. Maybe one of our other buddies from Europe will post setup.

US steps would be:

1. Define error detection thresholds - LD 73
2. Add a PRI loop - LD 17
3. Add a DCHI card - LD 17
4. Define a PRI customer - LD 15 (also LDN)
5. Define a Route - LD 16
6. Define Trunks - LD 14
7. Define Clock Synchronization - LD 73

I am not having much luck with my Mail. I found that I was missing a connection. The CSL this is now plugged into the MSDL card vir J30 on the back plan. Not sure if this is the correct place but its the only connection I have left unplugged. I also have a DCHI card with a warning light. I don’t know how to find out it is for?

Again thanks v much for all the help

looking at you config records your aml link is on your
MSDL card front of the card port 1 . they start at 0 on top and got to 3 on bottom..... ALSO your talk channels
are on a loop card in switch. They easiest way for me to
tell you how to find them is in the mail. Login go to system status and Maint / then channel allocation table//
you should see the TN's of you channels..find that card
and make sure you have your cable from your VP4 of voice mail plugged into that card...
Your D'channels are programmmed with Type = SPDC
ADAN = dpnss Dch 13 and 15 .. I don't know much about
the old cards and I believe that these are NT cards?
they look like they are on loop 2 and 18 acording to your
cfn. find loop two = network shelf counts card slot 0 =
loops 0 and 1 // slot1 = loop 2 & 3 // slot2 = 4 & 5
in your case slot two is supper loop 4 and should have
an enet card....supperloop 4 takes up two slots and could be programmed in slot 2 or 3 and programmed to take the extra slot from left or right.ie slot 2 right or 3 left.
any way you see a patern to counting your loops. count till
you get to 15 and then you have to move to core 1 and start at 16 instead of 0...

hope this helps

the msdl card can be anywhere it wants to be, it's address is not slot dependent, it is a switch setting, thanks but the brain download returned an sch9999 it file not found or to small to work with

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

hello..... if you were talking to me your error lookup is all hosed up... I didn't tell him what slot his msdl card was in. I told him his AML link was on the MSDL card and in port number one..I also was telling him how to count the loops so he could find his tn's for his voice mail ports...

Wooo down 911. John was just responding to my joke earlier in this post!

What I think has happend to my mial is I didnt have the CSL cable plugged in when I first started the system. I missed the connection from the MSDL card to the back of the connector on the back plane. This would be why lyr7 would not stand up? I had my terminal pluged into it and was wondering what the rubbish was I was getting. I hope I havnt broken the MSDL card by pluging stuff in and out.

I think I should reslove my other problem first. I dont know which is the correct port for my MM, nor do I for that matter know which is the correct maintanance port I currently use the active processer port. If any one feels like helping that would be great or am I just a lost cause!!!!!

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back