Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MM Voicemail Box Message Only!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

tech3250

Programmer
Dec 18, 2006
US
Hi all,
I am trying to create a mailbox in MM 3.0 and not letting anyone leave a message. To sum it up make it like a announcement. Anyone have an idea what steps I need to take to make this happen. Thanks for your help.

If you only want the caller to hear a message and then drop you will need to add a caller app and terminate it. then record what you want them to hear.

Ken Means

"I find that the harder I work, the more luck I seem to have."
- Thomas Jefferson (1743-1826)

tech3250 -
Did you get the listen only mailbox working? If so can you send me a screen shot or walk me through the steps.

never did get it work, so I just gave up on it. lol!! sorry couldn't help. It's a setting in MM we just don't have. I tried to create a COR but it did not work. MM is just a pain sometimes.

Did you try the caller app? I know that it works with the caller application.

Ken Means

Ken -

Can you call me and walk me through the steps @ 630-449-0328

In the announcement tell the caller not to leave a message.

tech3250...

Is this something that has to be done on the MM? Or can you create an announcement on the PBX, add the extension as VDN, and point VDN to vector that has the announcement step active?

Must use class of service "Bulletin board", in my system the cos = 10, but you can use the pulldown menu under edit local subscriber to find yours...

Edit Local Subscriber

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BASIC INFORMATION
* (Required Fields)
*Last Name First Name
*Password *Mailbox Number
*Numeric Address PBX Extension
*Class Of Service 0 - Standarcd 1 - Executive 2 - RVP 3 - class03 4 - class04 5 - Listen Only Greeting 6 - class06 7 - ELA MW 8 - ELA 9 - FAX 10 - Bulletin Board 11 - Transfer Only 12 - Caller App Recording 13 - Plan Admins 14 - class14 15 - NO MWI 16

LAldridge

Sorry i dd not see the post asking for me to call you I have been pretty busy

Ken Means

sorry I haven't posted lately about issue, so crazy here. I changed the COS to not allow messages by setting the mailbox size to 0. My annoucement will play then Audix will tell the caller "There is not available space in the mailbox to leave a message". Then hangs up. The only thing is I am trying to get ride of the announcement "please leave a message for xxxxxxx." Any idea's?

Hi all,

I am trying to create a mailbox in MM 3.0 with auto attendant features.I have tried numerous pre-configured COS settings.

If someone could forward the correct COS configuration

Thanks in advance

I think thats why people go the caller ap way I tried doing the whole bulletin mailbox thing but always ended up with a system annoucement somewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back