Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MM Training recommendation

Status
Not open for further replies.

janney

Technical User
Feb 4, 2002
US
Hello,
Would anyone be able to strongly recommend a solution for attaining reputable training for MM? We have checked out the Avaya University and it seems that with all of the prerequisites, I would be spending more time/money learning 2.0 rather than 3.0.

What are you trying to learn? Administration or Implementation?

The Radio Revolution has begun....
Avaya Certified Expert
Cisco Certified Network Associate
Juniper Certified Internet Associate
Microsoft Certified Professional

We have a training center for MM. We currently have classes that cover 3.0 and 3.1 for Administration

Ken Means

"I find that the harder I work, the more luck I seem to have."
- Thomas Jefferson (1743-1826)

Both actually,

Administration for one person and Implementation for another.

We normally would not do a Implementation class as we would do that for the customer. It has been problematic in the passed as you can train someone to do an install but you can't cover all of the things you may run into and then the customer would expect us to help on an install. (Free of charge in their mind)

Bottom line is that most users are not up to the task of doing their own install with out help, sorry but that is the case even if they think they are. Nothing beats out experience when it comes to installing a MM.

Ken Means

"I find that the harder I work, the more luck I seem to have."
- Thomas Jefferson (1743-1826)

What came first... the chicken or the egg?

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back