Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MM not giving personal greetings to new LSP exts

Status
Not open for further replies.

AZJeepGirl

Programmer
Apr 12, 2006
US
Installed a new LSP with its own range of DID numbers, built mailboxes for each on already working MM 3.1 (w MSS). Instead of personal greetings the caller hears "Welcome to Avaya Messaging. Please enter the mailbox number of the person you are calling..." once they do this, the call does end up in the mailbox.

I have verified priv & pub tables in PBX.

In MSS the new range is in network section, Voicemail is Enabled on the MBX form for station.

Also verified in the MM subscriber logs that the user gets msg, and see the activities & msg counts (mwi works as well)

I do not currently have access to OHV (hopefully tomorrow).

Any ideas???

TIA

ACA - Implement IP Office
ACS - Implement IP Office

Check that you have the new range in public or private unknown.

PG

PG,
the range is in both priv & pub in the pbx and in the MSS system.

ACA - Implement IP Office
ACS - Implement IP Office

Depending on whether you are using Multi-site (not sure if it was available in your version of MM or not) you may have to modify something there. If not you will have to see what the called party is being sent when the call hits MM. Either it is not being sent or it does not match that of the extension # or mailbox # within MM of the subscriber.

texeric,

No multi site as it is an LSP of the existing system. I do have access to OHV now and needless to say I don't even see myself hitting it when dialing the ext and routing to coverage...frustrating since I know I am getting to the MM, just not the correct place.

I can call the pilot and login to the box just fine, leave messages, transfer messages and the like to my hearts content...I just can't get the silly thing to play nice and answer with users greeting when I call ext directly.

When doing list trace on PBX side I do see the correct info being passed. I have verified with an existing station that resided on a diff LSP (when they fall over) to be sure we are routing everything the same. This one really has me stumped.

Yep, all servers...but nothing. Never seen anything like this.

If you are seeing nothing, 3 things. Are you sure the call is hitting this MM system? If so, is tracing connecting to all MAS servers successfully? Are you viewing all data in the live view or only certain things? If certain things, try viewing all data.

Sounds like it's hitting it b/c of the recording I get...tracing on all and server is running. Live view looks to be showing everything. I think this system just hates me lol!

I see other calls and activity fine. Funny thing is when I got into OHV this morning it was before hours so system was super slow. Watched port monitor to see where I was hitting and even tried to do a historical to look at only that mas/port and nothing was there. Really strange

That is very strange. OHV when viewing live will only display data that is sent to the tracing service (only running on one server) from all the MAS servers in that VMD. Which is why I asked if the tracing service said it connected to all the MAS servers correctly. One way to figure that out, if you don't want to review the application event logs, is to restart the MM Tracing Server service. Then watch the application event log on the server that you restarted the tracing service on (again it should only be running on 1 MAS) and make sure you get 1570 events for each MAS server you have in your VMD.

Ok so I think I am onto something here. It seems to be something in the networking. If I use a soft phone the damn thing works like a charm. If I log it out and let the desk set re-register it misbehaves...

btw the OHV/tracing is all good...no change

To clarify the above:
Soft phone regs to net reg 1 and works perfectly

Desk set regs to net reg 62 and sends me off to the "Welcome to Avaya Messaging. Please enter the mailbox number of the person you are calling..." greeting

Without seeing what MM is getting, information wise, for the call details it is hard to see what is happening. I've heard of network regions keeping the call from reaching MM but have never heard of them preventing called party information from passing.

But you may be onto something with the network regions. Check what is different between 1 and 62.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back