Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MM failed message delivery

Status
Not open for further replies.

ficek

Technical User
Jun 7, 2006
US
I have a customer with Modular Messaging R2 that is having a problem. Voicemail can be accessed but messages are not being saved. There are no errors in the system. A call covers to the mailbox, greeting recieved, message left but when you go in to retrieve it it says you have no new messages? Any help greatly appreciated.

Is this on all mailboxes or just one?

Ken Means

"I find that the harder I work, the more luck I seem to have."
- Thomas Jefferson (1743-1826)

Thanks for the reply Ken. It started working. It was on all mailboxes, the whole system. The IT person was trying to get it working with his new exchange server and it seemed like it had so many processes running that it stopped outgoing mail. This is the what I saw in the internet messaging logs. I took out the settings he had put in the internet messaging fields. Shutdown the MSS and MAS, Brought it back up and it started working. Can you tell me of a good document for integration with the exchange server. I was reading through the documentation of the Modular Messaging, but since now I have to get this working, I don't want to miss anything and have this happen again. The customer has a MSS and MAS and was using just for voicemail with TUI. Thanks

When you say the IT person was trying to get it working with his new exchange server what do you mean?

What feature or function is not working? The internet messaging is for outbound mail and mainly for networking and notify me.

If you are speaking of adding the outlook plugin so users can also see their VM in outlook you would use the outlook plug-in
for that.

Or you would setup an imap account in outlook and point it to the MSS and use the mailbox number and password to pull the VM to outlook.

You may want to read the Concepts and Planning Guide and tell the exchange guy to leave his hands off of something he does not understand.

Ken Means

"I find that the harder I work, the more luck I seem to have."
- Thomas Jefferson (1743-1826)

Ken,
He had put the address of the new exchange server in the internet messaging areas and was changing the pop3 and imap fields. I am not well versed on the Modular Messaging applications. I installed it to their s8710(qsig) and got the tui working for them. I read the planning form and will pass it along to him. I believe he thought he could send a copy of voicemails to his exchange server. Thank you for your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back