Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MM Client Web Services Failure

Status
Not open for further replies.

jimbojimbo

Vendor
Jul 2, 2002
US
Anyone having an issue with MM Client Web Services as of this weekend?

Jimbo

Yes - both servers we have are down...

What's up with that? Did the application expire or something???

We're running (2) versions 3.1.0000.18 for IE7, and 3.1.0.10.

Thanks,
CJH

MAS/MSS 3.1

We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit. ARISTOTLE 384-322 B.C.

It appears this popped up over the weekend. I have not seen any notice sent out from Avaya yet. I know they woke up a bunch of people Saturday night. There is a 'work around' that may or not be viable depending on the level of 'exposure' you can accept for your MAS servers. You might want to check the web site or give them a call. As far as I know, your servers are not going to work unless Avaya gets a fix out.

I just updated to 3.1.0000.20 as well - no luck.

Still investigating.

Thanks,
CJH

We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit. ARISTOTLE 384-322 B.C.

Just opened a case with Avaya.

Thanks,
CJH

You may want to verify the status of automatic updates. Although I can't speak specifically to this issue I did have an issue last week that may have been related to the Microsoft .net framework. They have release 3.5. Either in installing .net 3.5 or in removing SQL Express 2005 my .net 2.0 install had a .dll file removed. It was a nightmare. I couldn't uninstall .net 2.0 and I couldn't run a repair since it couldn't find the install files. I couldn't even run an install over the existing install. I had to start a .net 2.0 install, find the temp directory for the install, copy the files from the temp directory to another directory, complete the failed install and then I was able to perform a repair.

I've got a case open with Avaya for the same thing. They state that this is some sort of "bug" that is date sensitive. They guy I was talking with sent me a new start.asp file to be dropped in the web server in C:\program files\avaya\webmsg\scripts. He then had me crank back the date on the server about three weeks.

I did this, but now the web client reports the following error in the server name field: No server has been administererd. Please contact the system administrator. I'm not able to enter an address of a web server in this field either, apparently it must be a drop-down thing that needs to be populated from the web server or somewhere else.

I've tried to attach the start.asp file that I was given in case anyone else wants to try it.

I'm going to follow up with this guy tomorrow around 8am CST.

Scott

The problem seems to be in the line of code around line 298 in the file:
Program Files/Avaya/webmsg/includes/global.inc that reads:
Response.Cookies(“ = DateAdd(“yyyy”), 30, Date)

To fix the problem change the file:
Program Files/Avaya/webmsg/includes/global.inc line 298 to:
Response.Cookies(“ = DateAdd(“yyyy”), 2, Date)

Tried changing the line in the global.inc file, but now I get a 401.3 unauthorized access error. The entire error reads:

You are not authorized to view this page
You do not have permission to view this directory or page due to the access control list (ACL) that is configured for this resource on the web server.

Hmmmmm, at least before I was getting a log in screen. Anyone else getting this error?

Scott

try this

PSN #1753U - All users are unable to login to the Web Client.

Problem Description:

All users are unable to login to the Web Client. The users see the Web Client login page without a name in the "Server Name" list. The issue started on Jan 19th 2008.

Resolution:

On the Web Client Server, manually edit Program Files/Avaya/webmsg/includes/global.inc.

To resolve the issue,

1. Open the Program Files/Avaya/webmsg/includes/global.inc file.

2. Search for the following line (this should be around line 298.) in the global.inc file:
Response.Cookies(" = DateAdd("yyyy"), 30, Date)

3. Change the line to the following: (Update the parameter from 30 to 2.)
Response.Cookies(" = DateAdd("yyyy"), 2, Date)

4. Save the file after you have made the changes.

5. Access the Web Client login page.

There will also be a new global.inc file under the Download Center that can be used to replace the current file if you do not want to make the change manually.

There is no restart required when this change is made.

Future versions of the Web Client for 3.0 and 3.1 will include the required change to solve this issue.

Workaround or alternative remediation:

N/A

Remarks:

N/A

Did anyone find a fix for the Web Client users not being able to login? I downloaded the global.inc and replaced it in the folder "includes". Now I get the 401 page, not even the login page.
Any help would be appreciated.
Hudson22

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back