Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MM 5.2 with Exchange problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikeydidit

IS-IT--Management
Feb 10, 2003
US
Afternoon all. I have something going on with MM that I hope you can help with.

A user dials into their MM box, log in and hears the prompts press 1 to review. After pressing 1 the system tells the user to press a digit soon or they will be disconnected.

Any of you have an idea on this??

Thanks

When is the last time you helped someone, just because you were able to?

For the best response to a question, read faq690-6594

Need more info. Are you saying that no matter what they hit on the key pad that the system acts like they did nothing ? does it do the same thing if you call from a cell phone ?
is this all users or just one ?

Ken Means

"I find that the harder I work, the more luck I seem to have."
- Thomas Jefferson (1743-1826)

Hi Ken I had hoped you would chime in. Whats happening is this.

A user calls into the MM box to retrieve their messages. After they login they hit 1 to listen to saved messages. The system tells the user to press a button soon or they will be disconnected. The other buttons seem to work and this also seems to be a system wide trouble.

By doing a trace is shows that 1 was pressed and it's not getting waved off like an invalid key stroke. As a test we pressed the # and it told us it was an invalid button.

Any ideas? And thanks for the help.

Ok so the other features work it seems as if the 1 dtmf key Is not being heard by the MM.

What PBx is this and does the mailbox you are testing with really have a message in it? What TUI are you using for this.

At first I was thinking that the PBx was not passing the dtmf but if the OHV shows that 1 was pressed then that is not the case.

When you log in you should hear ( you have x new messages) to hear you messages press 1.

Are you sure that the mm and exch are talking properly ? If you press 4 for options and then 1 for greetings does that work ? If so then the problem is with the message retrieval from the message store or the TUI you are using is wrong in the fact thatnyouncan press 1 butno ky if you really have a message.

Ken Means

If" you have a new message it will allow you to press 1 and get that message. But if you do not have new messages and you try to listen to "saved messages" it doesn't seem like it knows what to do with the 1. Even though it sees it. It just tells you to make an entry soon or you will be disconnected.

Ken I am not sure how to answer that one. How/where can I find out which TUI?

look in the COS to see what telephone user interface is being used for that COS Aria Audix or Serenade.

i don't see much of the Audix or Serenade but i know that some of the features are screwy compared to Aria in the TUI.

Ken Means

Aria is what is set in the COS Ken.

what version of exch ?

And are you seeing anything in the app log ?

Ken Means

if it has a new message and a saved message does it go to the saved message after you hear the new one ? it sounds like it knows you have a saved message but that it can't access it but not sure right now.

I have not seen this one before.

Ken Means

I have not seen this one before.

I seem to be a lucky customer like that.. LOL

It seems to let you in (press 1) if you have a new message and it will let you listen to it after deleting it. For a while it will let you back in even after leaving. Not sure what the retention time is for deleted VM but it seems that after the message is gone is when the problem come into play.

does it show up in outlook as well ? It seems to be acting like it is in offline mode

Ken Means

You may have single digit review turned on (for ARIA TUI only) in your VMD. Look in the Telephone User Interface and see if you do (I think it is in the Security tab or some tab where the TUI password stuff is). If you don't have it turned on then 1 is not an option due to other reasons (no messages in the Inbox folder, etc).

Thanks for the reply but I cant seem to find that on any of the tabs. I went through about everything I could find in the VMSC and didn't see single digit review anywhere.

Thanks for the suggestion anyways. I know this is going to come down to one setting somewhere.. I just don't know which one.

Thanks again all.

It is in the Subscriber tab in the Telephone User Interface, the setting is called "Allow Quick Voice Message Review (Aria Only)" with a checkbox to enable it. It is just above the section called "Initial Password for New Mailboxes".

And the plot thickens..

Trying a few things in here today I found something else with this. "If" you have a recently deleted message it will allow you to go through the saved messages. But only the deleted messages. It will not allow you to go through what it considers a "saved message".

Thanks texeric.

"Allow Quick Voice Message Review (Aria Only)" is enabled. I even checked to see if it was on one COS and off for another. But it is set the same for all of them. I think that my box is not having the problem and it does allow me to get old "saved messages". And it does allow me to not only listen to the deleted messages but also old saved messages. I checked the different COS screens (in MM and the subscribers boxes in AD). The only difference I could find was allow faxes. I have the client is the only difference. But one of my guys has the same problem and his is set to a COS to allow faxes. So I'm not sure why it affects his box and not mine.

Not sure what this is but it's killing me.. :)

Thanks for the thought and your post.

any errors in the app log ?

it still sounds to me like it just can't pull the info from the exch server

Ken Means

It sounds to me like the Inbox folder is either empty or not reachable (like Ken mentioned). Check the user's actual mailbox in Exchange and see what is in the Inbox folder, not subfolders, but the actual Inbox folder in their Exchange mailbox. MM only has the ability to see in the Inbox and Deleted Items folders in user mailboxes in Exchange.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back