Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MM 5.2 Serenade TUI Caller ID

Status
Not open for further replies.

ruth88

Vendor
Jul 17, 2008
US
When a Serenade user presses 5 to listen to a message from an outside caller, the system speaks "Mailbox (caller ID)" if caller ID is presented or "Mailbox 0" if caller ID is not presented before the message plays. Is there a way to STOP playing this prompt at all before the message ??? Users are finding this very annoying !

Can you tell me what version of MM and the current patch level?

Anyone have any information for me? I now have TWO customers using the Serenade TUI and need to know if I can remove the CALLER ID speaking before the message. H E L P !!

Can you tell me what the 'Call Handling' setting is on the COS? Are both of these users in the same COS?

Ruth88, I asked a friend who has access to a test MM and this is what he said.

I did a test on my own mailbox by leaving 2 messages and listening to both. The 1st was from home with caller ID on, and it said from "mailbox xxx-xxx-xxxx". The 2nd call was with the ID blocked, and it said "remote user". I suppose that it depends some on what is presented over the trunk or PBX. The release or integration could be a factor also. I am on 5.2 using the serenade TUI and the CM is 6.0 ( SIP ) I think.

Can you elaborate further:
1. What switch is the MM connected to and what is its release?
2. Is this SIP integrated MM & PBX?
3. What is different between these two end-users and others who use the Serenade TUI on the system?

Only way i know of it to change the TUI to ARIA

Ken Means

"I find that the harder I work, the more luck I seem to have."
- Thomas Jefferson (1743-1826)

kepeterson - answers to your questions:

1. Call Handling - YES
2. Switch CM 5.2.1
3. SIP (not a separate SIP gateway)
4. No difference in users - just want to remove the caller ID from speaking at all if possible, even if it's blocked.

Thanks for your help !

Ruth, I checked with my Tier 4 contact to find that there is no outstanding WI for a problem with this TUI. All indicators are that this is the way the Serenade TUI was designed to work in MM. Unfortunately this TUI is not as intuitive an interface as it was on the Octel 200/300. If your end-users are using a cell phone from Verizon they may be more apt to view the Aria TUI as the common interface they are most familiar with. Sorry I couldn't have had better news for you.

KEPETERSON - thanks so much - even though there is no fix, I do appreciate the follow up !!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back