Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MM 5.2 Install - failing -- Exchange

Status
Not open for further replies.

voippbx

Programmer
Jun 6, 2006
US
I am having an issue with installing MM 5.2 with Exchange Backend. I have wiped the MAS out twice already to find that all the permissions on the customer network are changed and the permissions checker application is all green - however it is hanging at the MM Setup wizard screen which is showing an error:

The Voice Server encountered an error when attempting to access the monitor mailbox with dn: External Caller (LATAVAYAMM),cn=Octel,DC=LSSC,DC=ABCCompany,DC=internal This object does not appear to be mailbox enabled.

as well as:

Messaging: Could not create session. HRESULT=-2147200745. This may be due to insufficient permissions or a communications failure when accessing the mail server. If the problem persists, please contact your Avaya Modular Messaging Software support representative.

Can someone please lend a hand and help? It appears to be permissions based but this isn't the case.

The permissions checker is not foolproof. What version of exchange are you installing against?

Ken Means

"I find that the harder I work, the more luck I seem to have."
- Thomas Jefferson (1743-1826)

KenMeans - Exchange 2003. I have rebuilt ground up twice. Recently found that the permissions and account settings with in AD were not done. Re did those and installed exchange admin tools on MAS after. Maybe that messed it up as we didn't install when asked to do 3rd party install. I then went and deleted all the .xml files to re-run the miscm.exe but it asked to go back to run the mm setup from the desktop. The mm setup gets stuck and won't move giving the 2 above errors in the event log.

It is defiantly a permissions issue. i would recheck all of the prerequisites to make sure that you did not miss a step.

Ken Means

"I find that the harder I work, the more luck I seem to have."
- Thomas Jefferson (1743-1826)

HI VOIPPBX,

How did you resolve this issue. I have the same problem just stuck here.

Yes - we resolved this it was the external caller container in exchange. It was a corruption issue that Tier 3 had to work with. They are aware and were putting a KB into Insight but i haven't seen it yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back