Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MM 5.2.1/Domino Speech to Text?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TechJimF

Technical User
Dec 21, 2004
US
We are going to be upgrading our aging MM MAS/MSS to MM 5.2.1 with Domino backend to start taking advantage of unified messaging.

I know with this solution the voice message is stored in the users Notes mail file and the user can listen to the attachment from a PC or Blackberry, etc.

What if we want the body of the message to have the voicemail converted to text (speech to text) as well as the attachment?

Is this standard on MM 5.2.1 or is One-X speech server required?

We do not need the text to speech aspect that One-X speech provides, just want the ability to read the voice mail message as text in the an email.

Thanks in advance,

Jim

You will need to get the Mutare Gistt application to be cable to do that

Mutare.com.

Ken Means

"I find that the harder I work, the more luck I seem to have."
- Thomas Jefferson (1743-1826)

Yep, that's what I found out. We're going to skip the speech to text.

Thanks,

Jim

Just a note - we have Mutare Speech to Text (using Exchange Back-End) and I personally love the feature but we decided to not roll it out now - the expense could not be justified. I think, for the most part, it works well (we opted for 100% automated/no human intervention) so you do get some laughs out of the conversions but you get the idea. One thing I learned along the way- Mutare uses a vendor to support and/or supply the function...so when we do have some trouble with the "cloud", the response we get from Mutare is "our vendor is aware of that and working on it"...that's the only thing I do not like - another layer.

The thing I did not like is that with Domino as the backend, the user with have the actual message in their mailbox with the wav attachment, then receive an additional email with the speech to text conversion.

Plus as you said the expense, the yearly subscription wouldn't fly with upper management.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back