Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MM 4.0 AA tranfer 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

HiDesert

Technical User
Aug 20, 2004
US
Hello All
My client has a Magix 4.71 w/ MM 4.0.
when a caller presses 4 it goes to sta 13 with
sta 11 & 12 as CC rec which works as it should.
Now they want.....when sta 13 is dialed
directly from the AA or internally...they want the call
to ring only at sta 13...no Call coverage.
I have poured over the MM & Magix docs for any info on this..
so far nothing...
Any ideas...thanks in advance.

Do they want 13 to not have coverage at all times? Even internal calls from another extension? Print extension info for 13, see if 11 and 12 get coverage via Call Coverage or Primary/Secondary coverage, and remove it.

If only when pressing option 4 on the AA, send 4 to a phantom adjunct, and put a Primary Coverage button for that adjunct on 13.

Thanks TTT
After I posted this thread...I realized I could use
a phantom station for the AA tranfer....so problem
solved

TTT
have a question....you say to use a phantom adjunct...
why not a phantom station with mail box..I have a 0x16
ETR card that the etr stations are not being used...
without a physical phone attached how do I get it to
ring 4 times then VM if not answered...??? and the
MW lite...how can I get that to lite up sta 13???.
Thanks

I hate to waste a physical port for a phantom extension, and down the road, someone is going to want to hook up a phone, pick that port, and screw something up.

A single line extension can cover to voicemail, just like a digital set. But if a digital set is unplugged, and doesn't have any primary or secondary coverage, when it is unplugged it will cover to VM immediately. An adjunct that also has no primary or secondary coverage will go to VM immediately.

Only a calling group that covers to VM can light up a light on a different phone. If this is one mailbox for one function, I've cheated. Since you've got a Merlin Messaging, you have Phantom Destination available to you. You also have 4 automated attendants, each with their own general mailboxes, and can have a different (or the same) message waiting receiver. I've sent calls to an adjunct, that has Primary Coverage on some phones, labeled for whatever department it represents. When the call is not answered it covers to the mailbox for the adjunct. But I set the phantom destination for that adjunct's mailbox to 9994, the general mailbox for AA4, which wasn't be used. Then I can specify an extension to be the owner of that general mailbox, so that their MW light will indicate for their own personal mailbox and mailbox 9994.

A lot to digest...I'll talk to the customer about this...
Thanks for your input.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back