Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MM 3.0 + Exchange, Install error, error createNewDomain

Status
Not open for further replies.

T3mplar

IS-IT--Management
Feb 15, 2007
IS
Hi folks

I've got a system with MM rel 3.0+Exchange backend using SIP to an Avaya G650/S8720.
During the install of the system on the last reboot after installing MM services etc. I get the following error:
Errror in [50] CreateNewDomain FAILED
Do you want to re-try the task?

Can any one shed a light on what's the deal. I'm pretty sure the DCT file is correct since I've done 1 successfull install with Exchange backend before.

Thanks.
Simon

I have seen this before. It is a AD replication lag I think. How many times did you tell it to retry? I have seen it take 25 or 30 times and then it takes, or just let it sit for 30 mins or so. I have also seen it do this if the mm account password it longer than 10 and if it is it will not work until you change it to a different password and then change it in the dcom as well.

Ken Means

"I find that the harder I work, the more luck I seem to have."
- Thomas Jefferson (1743-1826)

Thanks for the reply KenMeans.

I allowed it to retry like 10 times and no go. The password for the mm customer acc. is 11 chars long. I won't be able to get back to the system until the 11.03 due to other projects, the customer knows and is alright with it. I'll post back when I've tried what you suggest.

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back