Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MLM ? 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

thephonelady

Vendor
Feb 27, 2004
US
What is the unit load of this mod?? Is shows up as an 012 T/R so is it 8.4? Thanks

I keep thinking about this one! While Merlin Messaging really does have a zero load, it's not the same as Merlin Legend Mail.

I've gone through all revisions of the Legend documentation, and cannot find a specific load value for the 007MLM. But in thinking about this board from an electronic standpoint, I suspect that you're intuition about using the 8.4 value is smart.

Tim Alberstein

I don't know the exact answer, but I'm thinking the load must be more than a regular 012 for two reasons:

1) The installation instructions dictate you must use a 391A3 power supply. Pretty sure the 012 is fine with a 391A1.
2) There is a physical disk drive spinning in the 007 MLM which has to draw more power than just the electronics in an 012.

I believe the 391A1/A2 are rated to 54 ULs and the 391A3 is rated to 75 ULs. Since the 391A1/A2 can generally support any six modules in hybrid/pbx mode, that would mean 9 ULs per module. So maybe the 007 MLM draws the difference between 75 and 54 plus 9 which would be 30 ULs.

A unit load is 1.9 watts, so that'd be a draw of 57 watts. To my limited understanding, the 007 MLM is an basically a computer running CPM. Now there's no processor fan or system fan that I can see/hear, but presuming the components aren't as power efficient as today's equipment, 57 watts for a computer is certainly within the realm of possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back