Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ML370 G3 wont display!

Status
Not open for further replies.

spr4040

Programmer
Sep 18, 2007
GB
Hi all,

I've acquired a ML370 G3 with 2 CPU's but cant get it to boot up. I have no idea of the history of this machine.

The external and internal health led's are green - in fact every led on the board is either off or green, which I believe means its passing its tests OK.

There are no beeps on power up.

I plug in a keyboard & vga monitor but get no display on the monitor.

I've tried this so far:

1. Clearing the NV ram (switch 6 on SW1)

2. Removing all but 2 dimms (and swapping them)

3. Removing CPU2 and its management board

4. Swapping CPUs

5. Removed the smart array controller from its PCI slot
which is the only PCI board on the system.

Any ideas? Thanks!

At first, from the disk array. But I'd be happy to boot from anything! I'd expect to see a splash screen after POST regardless of what I was booting from though - is that correct? Thanks!

Yeah, in theory, you should get some type of display. The next thing you could try is to pull all the "extra" stuff out of the system (controller cards, extra memory, 2nd processor) and try and boot from something other than the hard drives. If it has a floppy drive in it, find a bootable floppy and try that first, otherwise try the smartstart CD.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back