Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ML370 CPU upgrade?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ADB100

Technical User
Mar 25, 2003
GB
I have an ML370 with dual P3 733MHz cpu's. I have aquired 2 P3 933MHz cpu's. I assumed I could just replace them and all would be well, it wasn't the server booted, recognised the cpu's, Windows 2000 loaded and a minute or so later blue-screened due to a bugcheck?

I replaced the 733MHz cpu's and it is now working fine. I have since placed these 2 cpu's into a DL380 (effectively the same motherboard as the ML370) and it is working fine.

I have checked the VRM's and these are the same, any ideas?

Thanks

Andy

After you put the prox in the 370, did your run the SCU to update the NVRAM of the server? Do you have the latest BIOS for the 370?

- LC

I have the latest bios. SCU? Do you mean press F10 at bootup to boot to the system partition? I didn't do this but I also didn't do this on the DL380 and this worked fine?

Anyd

SCU: System Configuration Utility. Yes, its on the system partition.

Best practices dictate that whenever a new component is added or removed from a system, update the NVRAM by way of the SCU. Failure to do so may result in partial device functionallity, or erratic behavior.

- LC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back