Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ML350 G3 RAID setup

Status
Not open for further replies.

whiteys

Technical User
Feb 20, 2008
GB
Hi I have a ML350 G3 server i need to setup, i have looked through the posts on here but cannot find out what i need so was hoping soone could point me in the right direction.

i have 2* 36gig drives i want to setup as mirrored for windows 2k3 to be installed and 3* 72gig drives to setup a RAID with for data.

only problem is the smartstart cd does nto see any controllers and i dont get an option to configure using ORCA the only F8 option i get is for Multi Initiator Configuration. and this just give you the option to choose a scsi card to configure?

could sombody point me in the right direction as i have always used the smartstart cd in the past with other server and it was easy.

Thanks

Do any array controllers show on POST? If not, pop the cover and check to make sure there is one in the box. I'm not too familiar with the ML350, but I'm guessing it doesn't have an onboard RAID controller. Maybe someone can confirm/refute.

From what version of SmartStart are you booting?

good point, the scsi cable plugs in to the mother board so i assume it has an onboard RAID or i guess not at all and i will need to buy a RAID controller for it!

May have a 5i controller---look through the POST messages. Also, the Smart Start (with a G3, even the latest 7.9 should work, maybe back to 7.6) should have an option to use HP ACU (Array Configuration Utility). I don't have OARS on this computer, but I can check at work tomorrow for default and optional configurations for the ML350.

Burt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back