Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Mixed AutoAttendant and operator

Status
Not open for further replies.

rongiul

MIS
Dec 6, 2004
CA
I have a CallPilot 150 system with 20 phone lines. We currently have 2 publicly known lines 111-1111 and 222-2222. We are using our automated attendant with the same table/skillset and settings for all the lines.

We just hired an operator and wish to route all calls to her except for calls coming from phone number 333-3333. Calls from that number should still enter the automated system.

Is this do-able?

Thanks ron

Yes, and really isn't anything out of the ordinary..

The secret of Joy in work is contained in one word- excellence- To know how to do something well is to enjoy it..

would it be as simple as setting all my lines to use Table 1 and answer mode to none. Then setting line 333-3333 to Table 2 and answer mode to auto attendant

That could work, but typically you would want AA to answer as a backup, especially for after hours. You would also have to make sure the other lines are programmed to ring at her phone, and make sure there are no conflicts between the AA and the users personal mbx forward settings.

Good point

So now I looking at a config similar to this
All lines Table 1, Answer Mode = AA, Rings = 4 (so operator can ans)
Line 333-3333 Table 2, Answer Mode = AA , Rings = 2(quicker AA pickup but maintain Caller ID)

From Config menu (F**266344), config Receptionist's phone to turn all ringers on except for the line with # 333-3333.

That works for me. Now would there be a way to shut the ringers automatically at night for that phone?

Shut the ringers? I don’t know what you mean by that, but you can set up a night ringing service that would cause the voice mail to pick up immediately after hours. It could be activated by manually entering a code, or by setting the schedule to automatic, and programming the service’s timer appropriately.

I usually prefer to use DRT to VMS DN for an office that wants overflow to AA. That way you're not fumbling around with "number of rings" in the voice mail. Then for night service you can set up a ringing service to answer immediately.

I'm sorry but I don't know what DRT to VMS DN is

Ronigul- Its just another way to make the voice mail answer.

To program some of the more advanced stuff, like night ringing, you may want to call a vendor, and watch him while he programs, so that you could learn from someone who has done it a few hundred times. Or, here is the FAQ faq799-3717

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back