Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MiVoice system sending incorrect SIP registration username when authenticating!

Status
Not open for further replies.

db5

Technical User
Sep 1, 2014
AU
Have a bit of a weird one here,

Latest MiCollab with Voice software version: 6.0.123.0

I've been setting up a MiCollab with Voice system but have run into a problem when the SIP trunks try and register.

I am able to receive inbound and outbound calls with a MBG anchoring my media.

I was given 10 SIP trunks for testing purposes and here is where the problem is.

I can register the main number in the registration username field under the SIP peer profile. This number registers successfully with the SIP providers SBC but the problem comes when I try and register the full range of numbers given by the provider.

If I enter the range 08XXXXXXX0-08XXXXXXX9 under the registration username field under the SIP peer profile the trunks don't register. The logs show the system is altering the number and sending it incorrectly. e.g 0086464290 instead of 0864604920

Anyone else come across this?

I have never heard of any sip provider using a range for the SIP registration username well in the UK anyway, you need to register with the main number and the other numbers will be presented to that SIP trunk as a DDI number

If its not broke tweak it..

You need to put the range in the SIP peer profile by icoming number and just register on the main number.

I have programmed all the above already. I am aware that only the main number should be registered.

However if I do not register each individual number the given to me by the SIP provider the number cannot receive inbound calls. I have run Packet traces on the MBG but cannot not figure why it is failing.

I have been looking at this for days and have not had any breakthroughs.

Hi,

In packet trace on failing calls what is the to address? Is it the correct number DDI that has been dialled?

In the MBG what are your routing rules?
In the SIP Peer profile what do you have for Route call using to header under call routing?
What are your P-Asserted/Preferred options in signalling and header?
Who is the SIP trunk provider?

Finally if the mbg isn't showing much it might be worth doing a SIP TCP dump off the MCD

Regards

ok so I've done some more investigating.

What I have found is that the SIP provider iiNet requires all the numbers in the range to be registered with them for them to become active.

The vMCD does allow you to register a range of numbers in the Registration Username field (This is clear in the help document)

The problem is that when I enter a range for the registration the MCD is altering the username and moving the 0 in the middle of the number. So instead of sending 0864604920 is is sending it as 0086464920 and there the SIP provider is rejecting the registration. I found this out by replacing the 0 with a 1 (0864614920) the logs show that the system sends that number correctly when sent in a range.

I have also spun up a MCD 4.2 system and found the same problem with the number range. I am still trying to find out why the system would be changing the registration username.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back