Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MiVoice Business Security Certificate Upgrade or Patch

Status
Not open for further replies.

marxie33

Vendor
Jul 21, 2020
US
Good Morning,

I have a question doing the security patches to the mivb system that I been doing for awhile via a vpn connection and had now problems, I have one customer that has 8 controllers 4 out of 8 worked fine once they fixed internet access to sync with the AMC on there firewall but the other 4 controllers use a different firewall as this is a campus environment and they said they have the same rules like the other firewall but the they can not reach the AMC. I spoke with tech support if it is possible to use the newest software installer tool just sync the AMC offline and they said yes. Sorry for the long question instead of me going onsite do you think via the vpn upload the patch and apply it then use the SI tool just to sync AMC offline?

Port 80, 22, 442 need to be open Bi-Directional so the system can access the AMC. No packet inspection, no content filtering, no certificate inspection, and TLS 1.0 needs to be allowed.
Using SI tool will require a system restart. Manual upgrade is best; no loss of service needed. I've done more than 300 MCD instances since September.

I suppose you're entitled to your opinion, I'm just not going to suppose very hard.

One remark on the use of the SI tool. If you start the SI tool and select the Preform Full Install and de-select all options except Configure License and Option Configuration this will sync to the AMC and will NOT reset your system.

You can download patches from MOL and update via SSH and TFTP.
There's a KB document around how to do this.

Clever men learns what Wise men shares!

DoubleUT is correct. I have found that the manual method best because you can verify each step of the process and not have any failures. Part of my process includes looking at DBMS STatus to assure there are no table or view errors. Keep in mind that any BACKUPS made prior to the installation of the new root certificates can't be used to RESTORE a system.

I suppose you're entitled to your opinion, I'm just not going to suppose very hard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back