Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MiVoice Business/3300>Tenanting

Status
Not open for further replies.

jabbo99

Technical User
Nov 4, 2013
US
Trying to set up tenanting in a MiVoice Business, AX cabinet.
Tenant 1 - IP phones & Attendant (not sure if I should move these phones into a different tenant since Tenant 1 is for the Landlord). I believe by default, T1 can call any other tenant. That's fine.
Tenant 2 - Guest Phones (I only want these phones to be cable to call Tenant 1)
Tenant 3 - House Phones (I only want the phones in this tenant to be able to call Tenant 1)

My issue is when I press 0 on a guest room phone, I get a fast busy signal. I haven't tried it from a house phone yet, but I'm pretty sure I'll get the same result. I changed the tenant of the guest room phone to 1 and was able dial 0 and reach the console.

Permissions Granted in each tenant are as follows:

Tenant 1: 2 and 3 Attendants 1
Tenant 2: 1 Attendants 1
Tenant 3: 1 Attendants 1

I'm probably also going to run into a problem with tenant night switching control as well.

Are there any other reasons for using "tenants" such as Music On Hold, different Night Service etc ?

May be easier to just use the interconnect restriction if its just to stop groups of phones ringing others ?

Agreed.

crich01 - you are used to SX200's. The tenanting on the 3300 does not serve the same purpose.

You want interconnect restriction.

What's most important is that you realise ... There is no spoon.

kwbMitel, you know me too well. You're correct. Thank you both very much for replying to my post.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back