Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MiVoice 250 6.2 SIP Alarm won't go away

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crowtalks

Technical User
Mar 19, 2005
US
Installed a new MiVoice 250 6.2 with a RFP12 cordless extension that is working great, but I now have a System Alarm (SIP P9001 Password) that won't go away...any ideas?

Jim

"If I had known it would turn out like this, I would have become a locksmith" Albert Einstein

NCSS, NCTS, NCTE, CS1000E, Avaya IP Office, Mitel 3300 Basic & Advanced, 5000, SX200, NuPoint

Either the SIP password is the same as the extension number or blank (new alarm in 6.2)

The SIP password is the same as the extension, as that is the way I was taught to build it with the older DECT phones...so that's it, huh...makes sense. I'll try it.

"If I had known it would turn out like this, I would have become a locksmith" Albert Einstein

NCSS, NCTS, NCTE, CS1000E, Avaya IP Office, Mitel 3300 Basic & Advanced, 5000, SX200, NuPoint

Changing the password from the extension number did get rid of the SIP Alarm with no apparent disturbance of service to the Cordless...

Thanks, Jim

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back