Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MiVoce Business 7, SIP Loopback trunk

Status
Not open for further replies.

danramirez

Programmer
Oct 25, 2009
ES
Hi Guys,

I have this 3300 that I need to establish a Loopback trunk to itself and don'y have enterprise software. I have thought of doing this using SIP trunks.

Any Idea if this is possible? to establish a SIP peer from the 3300 to itself??

I have tried it but when testing I get ERROR on the display.

Cheers,

Daniel

Hi Dan, have you set up an generic SIP endpoint in the User and Service configuration? I would imagine you need to set up a SIP registration endpoint for the SIP trunk to terminate on.

What do you need it for? Would a single LS trunk connected to an ONS port work?

You can't duct tape stupid.

I want it for:

I have a DID range from 7100 to 7999 and I don't want outside callers to call DNs 300 to 999. Extensions are 100-299 but they also have multicall keys from ranges 300 to 999. These multicall keys are only for internal comms.

My Trunk Service is currently absorbing 1 digit.

What I'm planning to do is, absorb 0 digits and then follow ARS using a loopback trunk. ARS will modify if digit dialled is from 7300 to 7999 and send these calls to the attendant, and use a differend Digit mod if leading digit is 7100 to 7299.

I've done this in the past using IP Trunking (Mitel IP Networking) but this customer is a stand alone software.

ONS LS will not work as I need Direct Inward Dialling.

What I think is simpler is to have a SIP loopback with a couple of channels.

Any ideas?

You might be able do this with a combination of interconnect restrictions and intercept handling.

So we want to block inbound calls to DID's in a valid range?

You say you are absorbing 1 digit. I am going to assume you are receiving 4 digits.

In your trunk attributes you want to absorb 0 and insert 3 digits that will pad the total digits to 7 (do not make the change until the last step)

The digits you insert will be such that they do not conflict with other digits on the system e.g. 7**

Each DID will now be processed by the system with DN 7**7XXX

Create speedcalls matching the 7 digit numbers and set the actual number to the appropriate value

Make sure you know ALL DID's on your system and create speedcalls accordingly

For the DID's that you don't want to work, set the actual digits to something that does not exist and they will return Error

Once all the speedcalls are created, make the change in the trunk attributes

What's most important is that you realise ... There is no spoon.

KWB's idea would work too, and if you wanted the calls to the internal DID's to get routed to a DN rather than be returned an error to the caller, you can do that via Intercept Handling as well.

You're right about the interconnect on the non-primes. The solution to that would be to create a prime appearance for them to assign an interconnect to. They may also inherit the interconnect assigned to their first appearance, so you could set up a "phantom" phone with PKM's and assign a corresponding interconnect to *that*, it might work.

Thanks guys, i think i will go the way kwb suggests. The thing with that is the long list of system speed calls to be entered.

Going back to my initial question, it would be interesting to find out how to create loopback trunks using sip trunks.

I will ask tech support to see what they say

If you need help making an import for the speedcalls just ask

It would take me less than 5 minutes

Have you looked into the new DID table? seems like it would handle what you are looking to do.

The new DID table is all but useless as each DID has to be terminated to a valid and different destination.

Can you not use the COS option "Non-DID Extension" to stop DID calls from trunks.
Create a dummy extension and assign all the Multicalls to keys on that first. (as they will take the same COS as the first phone they are programmed on)
Then set the COS to "Non-DID Extension" = Yes for the dummy extension. This should stop DID Calls.

Sorry just re-read your post. Calls won't go to attendant for what I just recommended it will return busy.

Could you not use Call Rerouting Always based on whether the call is originated from CO/DID etc... (Would be simple and easy to manage)

@Sarond - Using loopholes such as "as they will take the same COS as the first phone they are programmed on" is risky because you can't guarantee the order they are programming during a restore on a upgrade.

@kwb - Yes I did think that after my post.

@kwb, your right the help file states: "Enter a unique 1- to 26- digit Destination Number (internal Directory Number or any other termination point) to which the DID Number will be redirected. Valid digits are: 0-9, *, and #.".

But this is incorrect the destination does not need to be unique. The form will take the same destination for multiple DID's and when you call the DID it routes to the proper destination.

By "unique" they do not mean every DID has to go to a different destination. I have a client with a block of 100 DID's. They are only using twenty. The other 80 are all routed to my voice mail pilot number.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back