Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Mivb9 Restore

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tinos

Technical User
Nov 5, 2014
BW
Hi all.
Can mivb9 configuration be restored entirely from Server-manager backup without the mivb System Administration Tool backup?
Thank you.

yes the MSL backup should contain the ESm backup

we have had some occasions where it disnt restore and have had to set the esm parameters and then retsore the extracted esm backup mnaually

If I never did anything I'd never done before , I'd never do anything.....

You need to make sure that the new MiVB MSL is licensed first before restoring DB.
Otherwise, it will fail, and you will end up with a blank DB.

Clever men learns what Wise men shares!

and if its an early version of mivb 9 the AMC cert patch needs to be applied before it will sync

If I never did anything I'd never done before , I'd never do anything.....

Some interesting comments here,

I’m not sure what I'm doing differently from others but if it's virtual using OVAs you can restore the MSL backup from the console, the MSL and MiVB will restore and will be licensed without checking into AMC, I do the all the time to test issues in a lab environment.

If its not broke tweak it..

There can be issues with VMware restore and licensing that might not show up instantly. It is usually fixed by clearing the hardware id and dnd service link . Then reactivating

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back