Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MiVB Tenanting Question 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

TCSI17

Vendor
Mar 6, 2018
CA
Is there a way to 'tenant' SIP trunks on the MiVB? I have not found anything in the programming where you can designate them as part of a tenant.
Only thing i can think of is to use COR to restrict it?
What has been your experience with ways around it if it's not possible?

With SIP trunk lines, I've noticed that once phones are in their own tenants (ex tenant 2) so they can control their own night key, that for some reason DIDs that are pointing to a hunt group don't follow the Call Rerouting Always alternative Night modes for the tenants. I'm thinking its because the SIP trunks are actually part of Tenant 1 and are not following the tenant 2's night key. Is this correct thinking?
Are there ways around that?

It could well be that SIP trunks are not classified, mainly, as trunks but as extensions or private rather than public. It effects SIP's in some funny ways.

Thanks.
I found out from Mitel Support to use a Trusted Device (virtual extension) as the target of the DID rather than a hunt group. Hunt groups cant have Tenants, but you can have a tenant if you use a virtual extension trusted device and because the DID is targeted there it follows it. Worked like a charm. Rather simple too.

Just as a note for the future, the fact that you were terminating to a hunt group previously was an important detail that might have sped up the response time.

Using phantom extensions for this purpose is pretty much a given. I had no way to tell that you weren't doing so.

What's most important is that you realise ... There is no spoon.

kwbMitel - I did mention that I had a DID pointing to a hunt group...
I'm relatively new to Mitel, so just don't know all the ins and outs yet. I have done similar things on other PBXs so the concept is not new to me, just in Mitel's world I don't know when to apply it.
Just a learning thing.
Thanks.

I see it now, nevermind, Just another case of my cold slowing down my brain.

Missed it at least twice

What's most important is that you realise ... There is no spoon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back